Can't find suspension parts

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

subajaru04
Scoobytruck Lurker

Can't find suspension parts

Post by subajaru04 »

Been looking for new suspension components online for awhile (springs, struts, swaybars, etc.) for my 04 baja but am having trouble finding anything. Whether it's lift, lowering or OEM replacements I can't seem to find anything. Are there any other vehicles with the same fitment that I can use in my search I can really use the help. I have 117,000 miles on original suspension and need replacements soon.
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Can't find suspension parts

Post by anarchy1024 »

I had a similar problem. See my thread for what I used... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3175
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Can't find suspension parts

Post by kamesama980 »

What, exactly, are you looking for? OE ride? performance improvement? The Bajas are kinda hard to find parts fore since they were just unique enough to not use the same parts as other vehicles.

If you're looking for OE (stock) ride quality, don't worry about the sway bars themselves unless one's broken. end links, bushings, and struts are available from parts stores. Springs are limited to a few quick-strut kits from the name brands (monroe, KYB, Sensen (rockauto..seems to be a cheapish brand from reviews)) and the King's listed in anarchy1024's thread.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back