new JBL stereo speakers

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

jdlmodelt
Scoobytruck Contributer

new JBL stereo speakers

Post by jdlmodelt »

So, I installed the driver's side JBL speaker so far. Did a sound test with the new driver's side and original passenger side. The factory speaker sounds better than the brand new JBL GTO? Also, I noticed when panning to the back. No sound coming out of the back speakers if they even exist. I haven't pulled the rear door panels. I was pretty dissapointed in the lack of sound quality with the new JBL I decided to get on here and see if I'm missing something.
Any Ideas?
Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: new JBL stereo speakers

Post by Killer B »

Your rear speakers are there but are probably dead. Baja factory speakers have the life expectancy of a housefly it seems. I would look into getting the tweeter kit for the doors if you don't already have them. They add clarity and are super easy to install.
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

Most aftermarket component systems have tweeters built in and it is therefore unnecessary to install other tweeters. My Polk dxi650 speakers have one right in the center that gives you the option for relocation.
jdlmodelt
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by jdlmodelt »

I didn't reinstall the water shed cones behind the new speakers that were attached to the factory speakers. I wonder if that took away from some of the bass that the factory speakers had that the new JBL's don't seem to have?