New to the forums and needing help.

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Jsanderson2012
Scoobytruck Lurker

New to the forums and needing help.

Post by Jsanderson2012 »

New to the forums and to subaru in general. I've had my Baja for about two years now and it'll be paid off in a month or so. With that being said, Id like to start getting serious about upgrading the ole land shark. I've found that it's especially hard to find parts for this car so I'm asking for help. I'm also new to the world of turbos and I understand they can get very complicated. My first question is, what upgrade will give the most feedback right away? I plan on getting a new turbo, intercooler, DP, up pipe, and air intake system at some point down the road but I'd like help with what order to buy them in and who to buy them from. Any help you guys can send my way would be great! Thanks in advance!
bdover9876
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: New to the forums and needing help.

Post by bdover9876 »

Buy any catless up pipe for a 04 to 07 sti. Or buy a used up pipe from a sti of the same years. Then a catless downpipe. I'll say most downpipes will bolt up. You may need to notch out the bracket (I had to). Then buy a ebcs (electronic boost control solenoid). Then get it tuned. You will like the pep and boost.
Everything is easy to find and if you shop around you can do it all for a reasonable price.

If you don't want to stop there, get a sti turbo and intercooler. You will need a sti bypass or blowoff valve and sti bypass hose if you upgrade the intercooler.