How to remove driver side lower dash panel

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

TastyHuman
Scoobytruck Contributer

How to remove driver side lower dash panel

Post by TastyHuman »

I need to change the bulbs in my fog and cruise control switches.

To this end the lower dash panel needs to be removed.

I've removed the two philips head rivets on the left side and the one screw on the bottom right of the lower panel. The panel is loose but does not want to easily come off and it appears there are no other screws holding it.

Rather than use force and break something it seemed like a good idea to ask for advice from those who have done it.

Once the panel is loose how does it come off? Do you pull straight down, or does it tilt up at the bottom, or ????

Thanks in advance for any advice!
dalerich
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: How to remove driver side lower dash panel

Post by dalerich »

I just replaced my lights yesterday!

If it is the switches you are trying to get to, you don't need to remove the lower plastic panel. You pry the gray plastic that is around the switches off. It helps to use something that is hard plastic to avoid damage to the dash. I start in the lower left side, then once I get something behind it, and try to pull it strait off at yourself. The top right corner always is tough to let go. I can post pictures tomorrow if you need. I can also tell you about the lights I used if you want.
2005 Baja Sport
TastyHuman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: How to remove driver side lower dash panel

Post by TastyHuman »

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

I bought some bulbs recommended on a subaru forum post (not sure it was here). Maybe that was your post? If so, thanks for that too!