Parking Lights Stuck on.. Its not the switch on top of steering column

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

beautysmistress
Scoobytruck Lurker

Parking Lights Stuck on.. Its not the switch on top of steering column

Post by beautysmistress »

My parking lights are stuck on. I have switch the infamous switch on top of column off and on but they don't go off. Finally took out the fuse but now I don't have indicator lights.
Any one have any idea's.
I did unplug the battery for a couple hours just hoping something would "reset".
They started flashing while I was driving and my pup bumped into the steering wheel. Is there anything else on the column that might have caused this.
Thanks
Flash
"
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Parking Lights Stuck on.. Its not the switch on top of steering column

Post by anarchy1024 »

Maybe the switch on the top is shorting out on something, or stuck closed? If the switch is toggled on and off, does the brightness of the lights change, or any indication that the switch is doing something (relays clicking, etc.)?

I haven't heard of that problem... first thought is a stuck steering column switch. Next thought is the hazard light switch... although, I don't have a wiring diagram at the moment, so I'm not sure where else to check, at the moment.

Do you have any after-market alarm or remote starter systems installed?
hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Post by hocrest »

I know on other Subaru's, if that switch is unplugged it acts like it is turned on. I would check all the wiring connectors around the column.
beautysmistress
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by beautysmistress »

Thanks for the tips. I will try to remove the plastic around the steering column and see if something is wrong with the switch itself. Hopefully its just a couple of screws :)
But first I will see if there is a difference in the lights when I flip the toggle switch back and forth.

thanks again. will update when I find out more.

Flash