Baja turbo airbox?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

hasaramat
Scoobytruck Lurker

Baja turbo airbox?

Post by hasaramat »

I have a 2005 Baja Turbo and the previous owner put a cold air intake on it. I am on the hunt for a stock airbox. Are there other models of subarus with the same airbox or do I have to find a Baja Turbo airbox? Thanks for your help.
FlyingAlpaca
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Baja turbo airbox?

Post by FlyingAlpaca »

My Facebook Baja friends and I have had issues with our stock airboxes breaking, mine's currently held together with a couple of zip ties and others have used a combination of zip ties and duct tape. I was considering going down that road of an intake because I feel I'm losing performance with the constant air leak, but I'm curious to see what others have or have done in this situation.
AintGotNoSol
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by AintGotNoSol »

OP where are you located? If you are near me (NC), and still need an airbox, I may be interested in trading out with you.
hallway
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by hallway »

There are some breathing issues with the oem box that is why most users just change it with a CAI system. If you are not into extreme driving the oem will be OK or drop in filter would also work. A buddy of mine bought one from 4wheelonline, he said its more effective compared with CAI and oem filter element.
BBoley24
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by BBoley24 »

I have one.