Anything Options other than Megan?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

motorhead87
Scoobytruck Lurker

Anything Options other than Megan?

Post by motorhead87 »

Trying to find some input on lowering the Subaru Baja. Pictures I've seen of the of the baja on Megans is PERFECT! But I really don't want to drop 1k on suspension. If I have assembled information correcting- Legacy suspension will work but I haven't nailed down the years.

The biggest issue is the height...Did I miss something on this forum about a suspension sticky?

Goal is something like this

tomato_88
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Anything Options other than Megan?

Post by tomato_88 »

Research BC coil overs
Nitro350Z
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Nitro350Z »

<$1k is going to be tough, even the cheap coilovers are $1k+. I'm currently on Tokico HTS Adjustable struts and Whiteline lowering springs (no longer made) but I'm replacing them with Racecomp engineering tarmac 1 coilovers so I won't be needing them if that interests you. The Tokico's retailed for around $1000 for the set, and I can't remember what the whiteline's retailed for when they were being sold.

A little lower than what you have pictured, but it's an option. (rear is loaded in this pic)

Stock ride height to compare:

AintGotNoSol
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by AintGotNoSol »

So, if I was to look into BC, Tokico, or Whiteline products, etc, do they make stuff specifically for the Baja, or are you guys using Legacy parts (or another model), and if so, what year do you use?
hallway
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by hallway »

Yes they create specific coilovers for your need. I believe the legacy do share the same parts of the baja that is why most people use it as an alternative.