LCD Bulb ?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

aklinz
Scoobytruck Lurker

LCD Bulb ?

Post by aklinz »

I own a 2004 Baja Turbo A/T. The lower right LCD display (time and outside air temp) backlight has burned out.
My mechanic says there is no bulb; the entire instrument cluster has to be replaced ! Is he right ?

Andrew Klinzmann

aklinz@telus.net
corgimas
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: LCD Bulb ?

Post by corgimas »

if you search through the forum you will find a number of threads about this.....it is an LED that you need to change......as you will see in the threads on here the act of getting to the area you need is not a small one.......but can be done...

that LED on my '06 baja burned out a long time ago....while i would find it a small trivial use to know exactly what time and temperature it is i have not bothered to do it....i have a watch instead.....
Kites Kayaks & Corgis
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Mine is out too in that same spot (time/temp). I'm waiting for other bulbs to go out before I replace it. ;)
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

aklinz wrote:I own a 2004 Baja Turbo A/T. The lower right LCD display (time and outside air temp) backlight has burned out.
My mechanic says there is no bulb; the entire instrument cluster has to be replaced ! Is he right ?

Andrew Klinzmann

aklinz@telus.net
No , he is not correct....they can be changed
FFeVe91
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by FFeVe91 »

Just go to RadioShack and buy a pack and swap out all of them while you're in there. That's what I did.
Its a fairly simple fix, just like 10 screws holding everything in.