Hidden roof light plug???

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

mowillie
Scoobytruck Contributer

Hidden roof light plug???

Post by mowillie »

I have been reading some about adding roof lights to the Baja. Some claim they are pre-wired for lights. Where might I find the plug end for the lights? Thanks
kman.45
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Hidden roof light plug???

Post by kman.45 »

mowillie wrote:I have been reading some about adding roof lights to the Baja. Some claim they are pre-wired for lights. Where might I find the plug end for the lights? Thanks
My Baja has the factory light kit, while it comes with a super nice button to add to the dash, I can tell you that the roof wiring does not look pre-wired in the least, definitely added the wiring down the right rail and under the rear plastic fascia, then into the cab. Once into the cab, then not sure if there was wiring already laid to go from there to the dash where the button is plugged in.
Sooberman
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Sooberman »

Download the Sport Lamp manual from the Baja library up top.... they have all the info.
sfeather11
Scoobytruck Master

Post by sfeather11 »

It's there. I installed the oem lights after I bought the baja 2 yrs ago. IIRC the plug was on the right side of the car along the rear window. Soober man is also correct. The instructions are easily downloaded and should show the exact location...