need plastic plugs for rear step bumper

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

need plastic plugs for rear step bumper

Post by davecoon13 »

My rear step bumper has little square shaped plugs on the top black step part. One has been missing. I put Gorilla Tape over the hole to keep water out of the bumper. The dealer was unable to locate this plug and said I'd have to replace the whole bumper. A while back I bought a pack of assorted plugs from a salvage Baja on ebay, and it has square plugs, but none that will fit. Does anyone have a recommendation on how I can plug the hole? The opening is square but the hole itself is round. I've had Gorilla tape on there for 6 months.

Is there a part number for those plugs?
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: need plastic plugs for rear step bumper

Post by YBajaSteve »

well i cant quite picture where u are talking about, but you could possibly use some of that spray expanding foam in the hole and then paint it black when it drys? They also make black expanding foam, but thats a little harder to find. that or maybe some mighty putty or black silicone?? since it sounds like u only need to plug the hole, those might be ideas to consider.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
jakub911
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by jakub911 »

i've lost half a dozen of those plugs from living in the city and being always bumped at parking lots, the dealer can order them for you, just a matter of how good the person at the parts counter is and how happy he is with his job :-) Try agian, and if he still won't order it let me know i'll rumage threw my reciepts and try to find the part number for you.
skullnbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by skullnbaja »

NO NO NO! A whole Bumper? Ridulous I say!!
Please visit this website: www.subarupartsforyou.com Awesome site. ordered my All season floor mats from them. To find those six bumper clips search in 'categories' for CLIPS, obviously select 'Baja' as the model. They have all the random clips found on the Baja.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

skullnbaja wrote: Please visit this website: http://www.subarupartsforyou.com Awesome site. ordered my All season floor mats from them. To find those six bumper clips search in 'categories' for CLIPS, obviously select 'Baja' as the model. They have all the random clips found on the Baja.
You are a bona fide Genius, I combed the Baja Library Parts diagram for 20 minutes for this and couldn't find it. After 30 seconds I found the part number at this website.
Part is here I ordered it through the dealer for $5.25 using the part number, cause the UPS Ground Shipping on a $3 part makes it $12 from that website. The dealer's parts people couldn't find it originally, but with the part number they were able to get it. $5 is alot cheaper than a new bumper. Thanks again, excellent, I will use this site in the future if for nothing else just to get the part numbers quickly.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
bheinen74
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bheinen74 »

part number 909140028 (clip 2 piece)
list price 3.57
net price 2.68

I just got 3 new ones on my last internet order.