anyone ever?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Butter03
Scoobytruck Lurker

anyone ever?

Post by Butter03 »

Has anyone ever put a antenna booster on to pull in reception for radio?I changing my head unit and I want to pull in more stations.My Little stock 12 inch antenna is not cutting it.
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Re: anyone ever?

Post by Zooom »

I had looked, recently, for an AM/FM signal booster for a buddy of mine. They used to sell them at Radio Shack, but I can't seem to find em anymore. I had one in my old Scirocco, and was thinking about putting one in my old reliable spare Jetta as well, if I coulda found em. If you do find one, let me know. The one I had before was a standardized antenna connection that went into the back of the radio and then the antenna plugged into it, instead of directly into the radio. My guess is, part of the reason this is going to be increasingly harder to find, is due to the phasing out of analog signal technology, like they have done with TV signal. But I am just speculating on that last bit.
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

I bet you could still find them sold online. Do they make a noticeable difference?
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

YBajaSteve wrote: Do they make a noticeable difference?
in my old Scirocco with the Blaupunkt that was in it, it certainly did.
Butter03
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Butter03 »

How about tying into antenna line with a wire and ground it to the frame or something similar.I some of the truckers do that with there CB's..
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

Butter03 wrote:How about tying into antenna line with a wire and ground it to the frame or something similar.I some of the truckers do that with there CB's..
CB antenna's and those general big whip antenna's have a huge coil of copper for conductivity though ( IIRC ), hence why they usually tie a heavy ground to the frame, (also to disapate a lighting strike through the car to the ground, generally speaking)