HELP! How to remove headliner?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

HELP! How to remove headliner?

Post by davecoon13 »

My roof mounted CB antenna came undone. I need to get inside the headliner (between the roof and headliner). What is the most painless way to open or partially remove the headliner?
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
the slug
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: HELP! How to remove headliner?

Post by the slug »

Remove the plastic panel at the A pillar, just pops off.
Remove the "OH CRAP" grip above the door with two bolts.
Remove the plastic panel at the B pillar, just pops off.
Remove the sunvisor, couple bolts and disconnect wire.

I ran the wiring through this way to get my XM set up and had enough room to pull the headliner down enough to work around without completely dropping it.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

the slug wrote:Remove the plastic panel at the A pillar, just pops off.
Remove the plastic panel at the B pillar, just pops off.
Which one is the A Pillar and the B Pillar? I know there are pillars to each side of the windshield and pillars that connect to front drivers and passenger seatbelts. are these the pillars to remove? When I had XM I was able to remove the pillars to the left and right of the windshield, but how do you remove the pillars on the sides that connect to the top of the front seatbelts?

Thanks for your help. I was going to the auto parts store and heard something rolling around, and I noticed for a few days that I couldn't get any CB reception. When I got to the auto parts store, I saw the CB antenna disconnected and rolling around on the roof. The part that it screws into sank inside the hole in the roof. The ARE cap caught it and prevented it from rolling off, and it kept banging between the 2 luggage rack rails. Glad I didn't go on the Interstate, or it would be gone for sure. Thanks again for your help!
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

In my thread where I installed my Roof Lights, I have a few pic of removing the back of the headliner, as I ran my wiring above it. the A-Pillar is the one up front, and the b-pillar is the one in between the front and rear passengers. If you go look at the headliner you can kind of see whats holding the headliner in place, its mainly just a pain removing the plastic pieces in order to get at the ACTUAL plastic moulding holding the headliner up. You kind of just have to "power of deduction" that kinda thing.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!