Heated Mirrors

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

SCF
Scoobytruck Contributer

Heated Mirrors

Post by SCF »

So the scooby comes with heated mirrors from the factory. They were dewed (is that a word??) over this morning and they never cleared. Wondered why not. As I'm sitting here typing this, I'm wondering if the heated mirrors are tied in with the rear defrost. Any thoughts?

*edit*
Just did a google on heated mirrors and defrost. Seems to be a common practice to tie them in with the rear defrost. I'll try that tomorrow morning.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Heated Mirrors

Post by bajabob »

Nope there are separate switches for the windshied, mirror and back window heat. Back window control is by AC controls, mirrors are on the drivers door above window switches and windshield heat is by the cruse control button.
SCF
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by SCF »

This is an '03 classic, does that all still apply?
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

03 classic is exactly what I have, although it is a Canadian Spec. model. I seam to recall something about U.S. models not getting the heated front glass tho.
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

bajabob wrote:03 classic is exactly what I have, although it is a Canadian Spec. model. I seam to recall something about U.S. models not getting the heated front glass tho.
thats right the U.S. spec didn't get the heated class :( and for subaru marketing the baja as an outdoorsey persons truck, for some reason i dont think any of them came with heated mirrors. :? from what i understand though the legacy and outback heated mirrors fit, you just have to get the wiring as well. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
SCF
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by SCF »

Mirrors/car/windows were covered with dew/etc this morning, so I kicked on the defroster. Rear window cleared up nicely, but the mirrors did not. So much for that theory. :lol:
Evanism
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Evanism »

The Bajas are WIRED for heated mirrors from the factory, but you'll need the actual heated mirrors and the mirror control switch with the heater button. The heated mirros wil have a little 'heater' symbol on them. As for the switch, take a peek at the mirror control swith. If there's a little black ovalled rectangle with no switch, you don't have heated mirrors (unless you're REAL smart and have wired them differently)
2005 Baja Sport, Regal Blue Pearl
traded-in 2004 Legacy 35th
Slight mods:
Heated mirrors
Heated seats
Horn upgrade
Speaker upgrade
OzzBros bed cover
Autodim mirror
Bluetooth stereo
Factory tweeters
Turbo Headlights
steven765
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by steven765 »

yea the mirrors are easy to add, just plug and play, and plug in the new switch from the outback.

heated glass is a no go :( I looked; none of the wiring is in the interior cabin harness. I've contemplated seeing if the wiring harness from a canadian model would fit, but it'd be a shit ton of work.

Why subaru who primarily tragets the NE/NW environments only put that on canadian models I beyond me.. I guess it doesn't get cold in NY hah!