Kentucky & Tennessee check in

AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

Moderator: mikenmel08

Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Kentucky & Tennessee check in

Post by Takaaco »

Well im actualy in Kentucky (about 5 miles from the TN state line) but Ky wasnt included in the Southeastern thread. So I will just post up here anyway. Lets see what you got and where you're at.

my 2003 "classic"

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else." Mark Twain
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Kentucky & Tennessee check in

Post by mikenmel08 »

Kentucky has been included [smilie=666.gif]
huck369
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by huck369 »

Checking in, also in Kentucky...Somerset to be exact....
Huck
2009 Forester X Premium
2008 Impreza Sedan 5-Speed
2003 Forester XS 5-Speed
1992 SVX LS-Tour 5-Speed RWD
1992 SVX LS-Tour PPG Pace Car Replica
1989 XT-6 AWD
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Great, Welcome aboard
Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Takaaco »

Saw a black Baja in Wartburg Tn yesterday, but didnt get a chance to talk to them.
"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else." Mark Twain
GI Joe
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by GI Joe »

New guy here in Knoxville! In the research stages of my scoobytruck adventure...
Perusing the threads here and seeing what I need to know before I pull the trigger.

Looks like my budget is going to keep me in the 100k+ mile range, so wanting to do it right...

Great site y'all!
huck369
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by huck369 »

GI Joe wrote:New guy here in Knoxville! In the research stages of my scoobytruck adventure...
Perusing the threads here and seeing what I need to know before I pull the trigger.

Looks like my budget is going to keep me in the 100k+ mile range, so wanting to do it right...

Great site y'all!
Welcome aboard...There is a good independent shop that specializes in Subaru just off I-75 exit 122 "City Limit Auto" they sell used Subarus, and do repair work as well, good people to deal with, and close for you.
Huck
2009 Forester X Premium
2008 Impreza Sedan 5-Speed
2003 Forester XS 5-Speed
1992 SVX LS-Tour 5-Speed RWD
1992 SVX LS-Tour PPG Pace Car Replica
1989 XT-6 AWD
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Welcome aboard, don't be shy here...ask all the questions you want...there is a lot of information on this site....
GI Joe
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by GI Joe »

huck369 wrote: Welcome aboard...There is a good independent shop that specializes in Subaru just off I-75 exit 122 "City Limit Auto" they sell used Subarus, and do repair work as well, good people to deal with, and close for you.
Lol, thanks y'all! ... I spent some time talking with David @city limit the other day. They have a nice turbo wagon I was interested in, until I remembered about the Baja! If I can't find a decent southern baja, then I'll give city limit a shot!
Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Takaaco »

huck369 wrote:
GI Joe wrote:New guy here in Knoxville! In the research stages of my scoobytruck adventure...

Great site y'all!
Welcome aboard...There is a good independent shop that specializes in Subaru just off I-75 exit 122 "City Limit Auto" they sell used Subarus, and do repair work as well, good people to deal with, and close for you.
I have heard he does good work, but you're gonna pay for it. I called him and asked how much to do an engine swap with head gaskets, and timing belt and he quoted me $1400, got it done localy for $300
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

$1400 sounds almost correct for that amount of work...wouldn't have touched it for $300 though...just 2 cents from a certified mechanic..
GI Joe
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by GI Joe »

Takaaco wrote:
I have heard he does good work, but you're gonna pay for it. I called him and asked how much to do an engine swap with head gaskets, and timing belt and he quoted me $1400, got it done localy for $300
Yikes! I've had quotes for timing belt alone at the $7-900 range... Not sure I'd feel comfortable only paying $300, for All that work.... So far below industry standard, makes one nervous!
Great deal, if it works out for ya! Caveat Emptor!

As simple as it appears, I'd probably due the timing belt myself.. It's right there in front!(not mashed against a wheel well, like a horizontal opposed engine).... I've done Miata timing belts, super easy....
Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Takaaco »

GI Joe wrote:Yikes! I've had quotes for timing belt alone at the $7-900 range... Not sure I'd feel comfortable only paying $300, for All that work.... So far below industry standard, makes one nervous!
Great deal, if it works out for ya! Caveat Emptor!
There is another guy with a Baja here in town that recomended him, and he said he did good work and has never had a problem. So far I havent had any problems.
BRATtoBAJA
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BRATtoBAJA »

I am a past Brat owner. (Think it was a '82). I am looking, now, for my Baja. I figure if there is any place to find one that's been taken care of, it would be here. I am on the hunt for a Baja Turbo, Auto (Manual will work if all other requirements are there), Leather Seats, Color Preference: Two Tone Gray/Silver or Black/Silver. Will consider any color. Any year is acceptable. Any mileage considered. Looking for something less than $10,000. (Hoping less than $7,500) so high mileage is not an issue as long as it was well maintained during those miles.
Joining ScoobyTruck to, hopefully, find MY new Baja and use it to help me improve and customize what I find. I am located in Northeast Tennessee. Looking forward to a new ride.
sambrackett
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by sambrackett »

How did you get head casket and timming belt replace for $300.00 when you have over $300.00 in head casket and timming belt kit just in parts.