Fog lights and brights

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

pavy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Fog lights and brights

Post by pavy »

does anyone know what to tamper with so you can have the fog lights independent of the headlights. there are times when i would like to drive w/ fog lights only.
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklet »

Not legal in my state. That's why they're wired the way they are from the factory. Yor're on your own with this one.
Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Atomis »

Mine is in for service atm but i think sometime this weekend I will bust out the manuals and see if i can draw up a schematic and post it on here I will keep you all updated on progress.
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Fog lights and brights

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

pavy wrote:does anyone know what to tamper with so you can have the fog lights independent of the headlights. there are times when i would like to drive w/ fog lights only.
I have wondered this for so long.....

why?? (I see so many BMW's and dodges and stuff with parking lights and fogs... why no headlights on?) :roll:

(I run fogs and headlights 24/7 so the morons of the world will see me easier and not wreck my now discontinued car/truck)
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
Bill Bourne
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Bill Bourne »

I took care of this by replacing the relay in the engine compartment with two relays in parallel, so I could run them the "normal" way and also by themselves with just the parking lights on.
Had to tap into one of the fuses behind the change holder to get power when the parking lights are on and run a wire through the firewall to the one relay. Also have a little switch in the leg to let me put them on when I want. I indicator light in the OEM switch lights up when I activate my switch, so you can tell if the fogs are on or not.

I hve some picture somewhere if your interested.

Don't know why Subaru set it up this way. On my old Dakota I could turn the fogs on with just the parking lights on.
2005 Sport, Atlantic Blue Pearl, A/T
pavy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by pavy »

a picture would be helphul, thankyou
2003 Baja Sport 'BOOM STK', Mystic Blue Pearl
Bill Bourne
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Bill Bourne »

Got an e-mail address.

Can't figure out how to post pictures here.

[/img]
2005 Sport, Atlantic Blue Pearl, A/T
medtec
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by medtec »

I run my fogs of my parking lights. First you have to disable your DLRs then what I did was power a relay off the wiring at the fuse block under the hood. The fog light indicator will illuminate when their on.

http://www.photovations.com/ims/pic.php ... Oz&i=34865

Sorry, government computers, everything blocked...so I hade to post address.