got bumped

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

got bumped

Post by jaxed »

Well folks, I got the dreaded handwritten note on the windshield indicating that someone had "bumped" into my parked car. Nothing bad, just some scratches on the rear bumper.. but annoying... Between all the door dings and the regular wear and tear my car doesn't seem so new anymore :(
medtec
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by medtec »

that sucks... :cry: I have an 06 and it was only two days old before a neighborhood kid put a indent on the driver's door.
On the positive side, they left a note...Not everybody does.
deadlydave
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by deadlydave »

That does suck. Any idea how much you think the damage will cost to repair?
+Dave+

2004 Baja Turbo 5mt
http://www.sl-i.net Subaru Legacy Intl.
http://www.unysoc.org Upstate NY Suby Owners Club.
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

That is sad that it happened but I also thought it was nice that they left a note. I guess they felt bad about it. More often than not, people just drive off. Hopefully it won't cost too much to repair. :(
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

Welcome to my nightmare. My Baja has been bumped and scraped many times since I got it. Do people have to hit it because it is different? At least they left you a note. I hope that there was some contact information, besides the "I'm sorry..."
-EB
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

Yeah that is someting I really don't want to experience . . . I have to park in a big parking lot when I go to work and that always runs through my head. . . I try parking where it is most likely not to get hit / bumped.. I have had a few shopping cart scratches on my doors and front bumper. . but nothing serious (knock on wood)
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Re: got bumped

Post by cyphergirl »

Someone once hit mine in a parking lot and pushed the corner of the bumper in. By the time I got home, it had popped back out and there is still no evidence that it ever happened, even to this day.