Snow and Baja driving

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Snow and Baja driving

Post by Emsanon »

Alright! It's finally snowing. :D
We got up to about 4 inches and I took my Baja out in the snow for the first time. I had recently bought the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred tires as well since the last tires from the previous owner were pretty much ruined. WOW! The Baja does handle great. I was actually weaving with it, not too much of course, just to see what would happen and it weaved without any problems. I also stopped in the road and then hit my gas and the car pulled in a straight line. Excellent vehicle for snow driving! :wink:
uj2
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by uj2 »

Well, got the tripletreds yesterday and then snow today, makes a nice combination. Since this is my first year with the Baja I wanted to 'test' it so I found a few empty streets and nailed the gas, jammed the breaks, turned the wheel hard (all within reason of sanity) and was quite pleased. Glad to hear you're enjoying yours.
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Yeah. I think I might have pushed it a little much today but it pulled through great.
Up in Bremerton, WA we hit over 5.75 inches of rain. Tons of closed off roads, trees down, flooded streets. I took my car out and there was a nice lake in the middle of the road and quite a few cars turning around. I saw one car spin out in the mini lake but I decided to go ahead and try it out with the Baja. The water was over my bumper and when other cars decided to go through going the opposite way, the waves it caused actually went over my hood. A mini van in front of me died in the middle and I easily able to take the Baja around it. I think the van might have just tried to go through the water too quickly.
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

It shows again that the Baja holds up under extreme conditions. Good choice of tires too! I am so amazed by the quality of the triple treads, they are a good fit for the Baja, because they perform well under all kinds of conditions.
-EB
argh6
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by argh6 »

Just went Christmas tree cutting with the family last weekend. My father-in-law got his 4wd Silverado HD stuck in the snow and my "wanna-be truck" (his words to describe it once) had to pull him out! I made sure he knew this wanna-be just saved his butt!
-Jerry!
-'04 Turbo
-'03 R6
- http://www.TI2TT.com
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

HAHAHA! That's great! :D
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

This was the first year I really got to test my baja out in the snow, It was a blast !! But as fast as the snow came it was gone. Sometime I will have to drive up to MT Hood and give it a real run for its money. One thing I do need is a good set of tires. . .