Brakes- OUCH!!!!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Brakes- OUCH!!!!

Post by stefan »

Been a whilesince I've been here- Camping this summer took most of my time- But it's nice to check in!
Baja did pretty good this summer- I hauled wood down to camp (1/2 a cord at a time) and I was able to fit 14 (!!!!!!) pressboard pallets in it- also been moving my son and all his belongings- BUT I did have to have a rear brake job- freakin driver side pads fell off!!!!! new pads and rotors for $400 bucks (they said it was just a matter of time before the passanger side was gonna need to be done so we went and replaced that side too) Gas is up to $3/ gallon- still averaging 27.5 MPG (even had to drive it around in 4th gear the other day- had a desk chair wedged in the front seat and could not hit 5th or reverse!)
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback
holland_patrick
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by holland_patrick »

Dammm that sucks.. I did brakes and rotors all the way around. for 300 my self..

and i got hawk HPS+ and drilled and slotted
motojak
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by motojak »

27.5 mpg? Can you tip me off on how your are getting good gas mileage like that. Ive been driving conservative lately and am only able to get 21 mpg tops.
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

motojak wrote:27.5 mpg? Can you tip me off on how your are getting good gas mileage like that. Ive been driving conservative lately and am only able to get 21 mpg tops.
Threadjack:

I get a minimum of 27.5 mpg, sometimes as high as 29. I've got the '03 Sport. I don't drive it particularly easily, but I use high octane fuel (keeps the pinging at bay). The key seems to be to not mash the throttle taking off and not mash the brakes when stopping. Anything else in between doesn't matter.