Intro

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

uj2
Scoobytruck Lurker

Intro

Post by uj2 »

Hello all,

Been lurking about for a while because I just picked up a 2006 Baja turbo today trading in an '03 Audi TT. Yea, a bit of a transition but after having kidney-busters for my last few cars the Baja is a nice change. She's got but 7800 miles on her and could use a few minor adjustments (I'm a stickler on a few things like alignment and wheel balancing) but we'll let it ride for a few weeks 'till I get used to it.

Just wanted to say hi, introduce myself and say I hope that after I get used to the car and tinkering with it I'll be able to contribute as much as I ask questions.

Regards,
Joseph
mikey6331
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by mikey6331 »

Welcome, Joseph.

I traded in a '00 TT for my '06 turbo. :-) I've had the Baja for just over a year, and it's turned out to be a pretty good little car. So far it's proved to be a lot more reliable, as well as considerably cheaper to maintain.

Sometimes I miss that solid German feel & the fantastic Audi interior, but then again, the Subie's not a $40,000 car either so you really can't compare them. That being said, I'm really happy with the Baja.

Plus, I feel a lot less guilty putting bags of dirt & other Home Depot stuff in the back of the Subaru. :-D
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Wow..that is a switch! I hope you enjoy your new Baja. I love how they look and drive. I haven't had any problems with mine...well, except for the one that I caused. :lol:
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Welcome to the boards Joseph. Hope that all goes well with the new ride. I have had my 03 for about 3 1/2 years now, and it has been a great, trouble free ride. We will see what happens, now that it is at 104,000 miles.
Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

I second what Mike said. Welcome! I'm sure you're gonna like it as much as we do.
-EB
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

EB,
How many miles you have on yours now? I know you were way ahead of me awhile back. Any major probs yet?

Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Dang Mike over a 100GS!!!!! I'm gonna come up on 70,000 this week or next!!!
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback