First off road trip in the Baja...

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

First off road trip in the Baja...

Post by Alpha Wolf »

Well this weekend I had my first off road trip in the baja.

Had to drive 2 hours to get to the turn off to my buddies ranch on the highway and then drive 40 miles each way through cattle fields and across streams and such. Dogging Deer and Cattle all the way.

Mounted a Thurle Roof Basket so the back was free for my ice chest and my two large dogs.

With four people it went great.

I had the pleasure of litterally dusting off my Brother in Law in his V8 Durango 4X4 on the way out to the highway. :twisted: I would stop and wait up for him and then I could just leave him behind and will. His truck did not like ruff roads and fields where the baja took it as though on a road.

Control on the loose surface in turns was great.

I was very pleased at how well hit worked off road.

:P
Turbo
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Glad to hear that you had fun. I tried it once about 2 years ago up in Michigan. Went down an old logging road. Was ok until I came up on a big hole with no place to get around. Not wanting to get stuck in the middle of nowhere, I turned around, then drove into a BIG hole that was hidden in grass. Knocked the bumper cover back, popped off the right fender moulding, and got mud all over. Was fun though, and with a few hits from my fist and a little pulling and pushing on things, got it all back together. Could us a little more ground clearance on my 03, thats all. It has seen lots of snow and pulls good in the mud if its not too deep. All in all a fun time can be had, just can't overdo it. Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
medtec
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by medtec »

I found a logging road and then some mud, my mistake was not turning around. I did however have a good time, I found someone close by with bigger tires :D

[/img]
Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Alpha Wolf »

Glad to see you were not stuck for long.. :P
Turbo
the slug
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by the slug »

Finally!!!! (Sorry, took a week or two before I was able to post.)

If anyone is around the north Georgia area a bunch of us will be going off road this weekend, May 26th.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x68/t_slug/

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k112/ ... ?start=all

We always have a lot of fun. Last time it was 6 Toyotas and my in a Baja. Wouldn't mind see more Subies come out :D