Got a call.......

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

Got a call.......

Post by Atomis »

So the dealer that originally sold me my Baja called me up today. Mind you I bought my car off ebay and got a really good deal and they are in Texas im in Louisiana.

They wanted to buy the car back someone local got smashed and was looking for another Baja and none of the owners wanted to sell.

Sorry to hear there is one less Baja out there :(
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

that's amazing that they wanted it back so badly, just goes to show that someone other than us crazy folk value the baja! I'm 85% sure I wouldn't sell, but everyone has a price for everything, that's my opinion... maybe I'd sell for a million bucks.
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Or maybe because of the seasonal low in business.... they wanted you trade it in. They had us do stuff like that when I used to sell cars... say whatever you need to get em in the door :roll:
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Atomis »

well they are in Texas a good 9 hours away from me I hate to say it but they must have been grasping for straws trying to get me to trade it in

but as I said someone totaled a baja and wanted another and they cant find one the dealership pretty much offered to stand aside to do a direct sale I dunno im going to keep my car though
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

add another to the list. a fellow yellow local to me had an engine fire a week or so ago...

never even got the two together, because of the storm we had he didnt make it to a tsb rally, and we couldnt make the rally x he went to....
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

Oh no! do you know how this happened?
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

wow. Interesting, looks like that burn mark on the hood is almost directly over the battery...
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Said he smelled fuel, and there was a good bit leaking. Decided to take care of it tomorroow-bad choice...
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

I remember the WRXs had an issue with a raw fuel smell and they would end up replacing the fuel rail or something. I hope that is not an issue for these cars as well.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Might be the fuel filter hose. I replaced the filter with a aftermarket one and that doesn't come with new clamps or hoses. I smelled fuel this summer when I had started it to go to work, so I took a look. One hose had a small crack in it was leaking, and the clamp had worked loose. I fixed it before I went to work. If I was late, too bad, at least it didn't start on fire. Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
holland_patrick
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by holland_patrick »

Looks like it's time for a turbo swap on that one...
diderich
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by diderich »

I am selling mine, and I'm in Texas...what dealership?