What have you hauled? Post Pics !!!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

nacho
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by nacho »

Here is another day at work for the baja. A bunch of computers. I was surprised that it was able to carry this much equipment. The only problem was that I had to take make sure I did not turn hard because I was afraid that I might loose a window.Image
diderich
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by diderich »

HAHA...in addition to the normal stuff, I carried a 12 foot piece of siding..without it hanging out over the edge. One end was against the windshield (inside) and the other end against the tailgate extender...perfect.

I also carried a 4x10 piece of 16 gauge sheetmetal on the roof racks. That was exciting because it's not rigid like plywood and was flopping all over...
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Add to my short list a disassembled Jeep motor, trailer axle cut in half and some large lengths of old iron drain pipe - hauled it all to a recycler!

Kev
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

This week: .5 Tons of fill dirt, Toyota 4AG motor
ebank
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by ebank »

Last Sunday, 32 25 pound landscaping bricks.
(800 pounds)
NOTBRAT
Scoobytruck Contributer

Hauling a Sequoia tree!

Post by NOTBRAT »

Sort of... :lol:

spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

Dark Pony
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Dark Pony »

that last pic with the lawnmower makes me want to lower my baja ;)....but i loooove takin it in the mud..hehe..
Clint
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Clint »

How about this one?
2005 Subaru Baja 5-Speed Turbo
2002 Subaru WRX 5-Speed
A whole lot of Fiero's
argh6
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by argh6 »

My R6 rode well on my temporary bed extender. The metal tube one is under construction...
-Jerry!
-'04 Turbo
-'03 R6
- http://www.TI2TT.com
Packa
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Packa »

I'm solidly in the Home Depot demographic: Camera pix attached: bushes, an apartment fridge (not the correct way to transport, but hey), and pine straw: 12 bales standing on end... this always blows away the kids handling the mulch at the Hdpot.

Regularly we stand two bicycles in the bed and just tie them down... no bike rack involved. It works beautifully.

I make a point of letting others know that I carry gasoline from time to time -- in proper containers of course. But having an open bed for transport of gasoline makes perfect sense... it's a little thing, but who wants a gas container to spill INSIDE THEIR CAR... much less even get a little gas residue on the carpet, etc.

Witchita/04 Turbo
klapool
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by klapool »

My wife and I ride motorcycles. We wanted to attend a ralley in Faetteville Arkansas but it was to far for these old bones to ride.

We picked up a 6' X 12' trailer and mounted wheel chocks and tie downs on it.

Since there are a lot of hills in Missouri we had a tranny cooler and synthetic tranny fluid put in.

The thing ran like a dream. The trailer was 900 pounds and the bikes were 640 and 680.

We never had a problem with it at all it ran like a champ!!

Several weeks after we got back we went to a "Champ Car" race in Elkhardt Lake Wisconsin as guests of a guy who works for Cosworth engine company.

While we were talking, the subject of the Baja pulling that much weight up and down hills came up.

He said that Cosworth had taken a stock boxer engine and supercharger it. They had it putting out 950 horse power when the heads started to push away from the block and they had water spraying everywhere.

He then told me, "you dont have to worry at all about that engine pulling that kind of weight. they are great little engines!!"
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

We just got an Ikea in town.... so....

First trip 2 weeks ago. 2 BIG computer desks (about 4 foot square boxes) but flat of course. Had to stand them up on end and tie them to the roll bars.

Today, some big tall (long and flat) book cases.

Also fit an 10 foot long baseboard molding in the bed/cab with the tailgate up (and the passthrough open of course)
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
andaconda
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by andaconda »

How about a Piano?

Wife -- 2005 Baja Sport
Husband -- 2007 Outback Sedan LE
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

andaconda wrote:How about a Piano?
OMG. We just hauled a piano from Wisconsin to Colorado... in an F150. Didn't think to use the Baja. heh.