What have you hauled? Post Pics !!!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Re: What have you hauled?

Post by Zooom »

Trucklet wrote:Nice. Excellent destination. VIR is a great place to be. Hope you gave your bikes a good workout. If you cruised down 29S through Lynchburg and Danville, you went right by me.
came down 360 to 58 to the track...I do like the new 288 to use to bypass going through Richmond to get to 360 from up my way...I love VIR....our gang teams up with Cornerspeed 2 times a year and rent the North Course for 2 days and have a kick-ass good time!
Attachments
ZumTrackBike2.jpg
ZumTrackBike2.jpg (125.88 KiB) Viewed 20655 times
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklet »

Zooom wrote:
Trucklet wrote:Nice. Excellent destination. VIR is a great place to be. Hope you gave your bikes a good workout. If you cruised down 29S through Lynchburg and Danville, you went right by me.
came down 360 to 58 to the track...I do like the new 288 to use to bypass going through Richmond to get to 360 from up my way...I love VIR....our gang teams up with Cornerspeed 2 times a year and rent the North Course for 2 days and have a kick-ass good time!
Compliments to the photographer. Great action shot.
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

Trucklet wrote:
Zooom wrote:
Compliments to the photographer. Great action shot.
Jon or "Pics of You" is awesome....as for the bike shot itself, that is from turn 3 on the North Course and it is one from Oct.'06 because I haven't shrunk down to upload any of the newer ones really (he gives you huge hi-res file pics on disk)....and on the bike, there have been other mods made to the bike since this shot...

you know...wait a sec...not true....newer shot I uploaded from 2nd apex of turn 1 of North Course....
Attachments
4-9VIR6.JPG
4-9VIR6.JPG (108.23 KiB) Viewed 20635 times
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklet »

Another great shot. I know we're getting off topic for Baja's but you are definitely "hauling" in the pictures. Did the fairings really improve lap times, or were there other mods at the same time, so you can't tell ? Warning: I'm not a biker, just curious.
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

Trucklet wrote:Another great shot. I know we're getting off topic for Baja's but you are definitely "hauling" in the pictures. Did the fairings really improve lap times, or were there other mods at the same time, so you can't tell ? Warning: I'm not a biker, just curious.
fairings did make a huge improvement....right now I am getting pretty restricted on the front main straight because of the 2 into 1 system I have....so the bike is down in the top end even though it has gobs of low end grunt...so I am going to open up the system and allow more top end flow to see if I can get past the normal 125 at the kink I've been doing in the past....I wasn't really hauling until after I took a class in how to deal with and control in both creating and reacting to front and rear wheelspin....with that I started to really "Haul" around some of the turns that were in the past just hanging me up...like waiting and sliding at the last possible moment through 3 and pushing out to the curbing further than I was.....or sliding a lil while on the gas at the top of the cresting portion of 7....

also having my front end suspension rebuilt helped alot and now my next mod is to treat myself to a swedish boinger (Ohlins) rear shock and a new set of soft compound tires...the rest of the mods are more for comfort and my own piece of mind more than anything as of this point......right now I am turning low 1:54's-ish...my aim is to break into the 1:49's the next time I am there....am getting ready to go do a 2 day school down at Barber Motorsports Park outside Birmingham,AL.....normally I'd be "Hauling" my bike down, but I was given a gift of a bike rental from the Keith Code California Superbike School folks from a friend of mine, so all I have to do is fly down and drive a rental to the track with my gear...
argh6
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by argh6 »

Sweet, other riders!!! Let's start another thread for riders so we don't tread-jack this too much!!!
-Jerry!
-'04 Turbo
-'03 R6
- http://www.TI2TT.com
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

about 1200-1300 pounds of river rock... some of it was already shoveled out at this point.

2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bulwnkl »

I wish I'd taken a pic of the load of mulch we hauled. Filled to the roof and spilling everywhere as they filled it, but we got it home! Not as heavy as the river rock, though. Nice work, 87GL!
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

loaded up the baja and went camping.

Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklet »

Hey which one of you guys had your Baja pic in the latest Subaru Drive magazine? Sure looked familiar. I know I saw a pic of a Baja getting dumped on by an enormous loader recently. Congratulations on being published. :D

Okay, just checked NASIOC and saw it was indeed Patrick Holland. You can read it here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1532069
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

Transporting the goods to my place !! [smilie=666.gif]
Attachments
ghhhhhghhhhh.JPG
ghhhhhghhhhh.JPG (167.92 KiB) Viewed 20323 times
hhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggg.JPG
hhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggg.JPG (180.89 KiB) Viewed 20323 times
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

70 garden stones.

YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

Moving into the new house and love having a bed to haul stuff around!

Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

queen mattress yesterday

seaview
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by seaview »

Why don't I ever remember to take a picture...........spent the weekend cleaning out the flower garden and pruning trees..........went to the dump yesterday (yard waste recycle) and looked like a big bush going down the highway.................Pete L.