Piano in Baja and Cargo Eyelets

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Nibbs
Scoobytruck Lurker

Piano in Baja and Cargo Eyelets

Post by Nibbs »

I'm going to try to post pics of how we moved my piano this weekend using my Baja - Let's see if I can actually accomplish that...

There's the piano in the Baja - We used some handicap ramps and a flat dolly to push it up and in there. 2 guys moving 1 piano. Not bad, since I only weigh about 170. And from another angle:

You can also see the cargo eyebolts that I put in about a year ago (after getting jealous of an Escape's many tiedowns). I don't think they are the strongest in the world (I wouldn't recommend using them to secure heavy things. Like pianos. I didn't say I woudn't do it myself - I just wouldn't recommend it). They are only screwed into the sheet metal that usually holds the liner bed down. The eyebolts hold the liner in and provide a nice attachment point for bungees and the like. Good for holding down tarps and whatnot. I got them from McMaster - maybe 3107T42? I can't remember what the thread is on those bolts - M8 or M10, I thought.

~Nibbs
Packa
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Packa »

Farrrrrrrrrrrrr OUTTTT.
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Thank You- Very Timely as in 4 weeks I have to move my camp fridge home- and My utility trailer is not gonna be ready (unless I get off my lazy butt and finish the stupid thing) This looks I lot easier to do than to mount and wire the trailer lights!!!
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback
blubaja03
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by blubaja03 »

Nice color. I've only seen about 3 of these in NJ.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Wow, what a load!! :) Its amazing what you can put in the Baja. I never would have thought about a piano, though. Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

It's amazing what we can haul in our little Baja's! I recently hauled a full size upright freezer for my boss. I like the additional tie downs that you installed. Great idea!
Spacinjason
'06 Baja Turbo MT :D
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT