Picked up my BABY!!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Picked up my BABY!!

Post by stefan »

Hello- New here. Picked up my 03 Black Sport last night!!!! All I can say is as much as I loved this truck when I first saw it- Driving it is even better!!!! I have a 5 speed and man oh man is this fun to drive (my previous ride was a 1998 Dakota crew cab sport 4x4 5.2L v-8 with a 5 speed) I love being able to step on the gas in 5th gear and go from 40 to 60 in nothing flat (the Dakota was geared WAY to high- and in 5th gear at 40 MPH the engine bogged real bad when you "punched it"- Yup I made the right choice here!!!! I got the dealer to toss in the SUbaru soft cover (hmmm wonder how long it will hold up?) and they simonized it for free too (they figured I would order it- but on a used car Simonize only give a 2 year warrenty). Now for the question- Window vent shades? Will the Outback ones fit the BAJA??? I contacted Auto vent shades- and they gave me the standard- Not Available- I asked about the Outback ones and they were unsure- I'm gonna let my wife take the Baja to work as her boss has an outback- and she is gonna compare them side-by side-
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Congrats on the Baja, Stefan. Welcome to the forums. Lots on info here for you and all the other Baja owners. You have just became one of the few, the proud, the Baja owner. Mike
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

'grats!! We also went from a bigger truck (93 Bronco) to the Baja-aside from handling and responsiveness (in the Bronco's defense, it had avoer 250k so it was past the most responsive years lol)-the best benefit IMO is the gas milage!!! Enjoy your new ride-and love it even more come winter!!
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Thanks- Yea I am almost Begging for winter!!! I did manage to take it on some dirt roads- But my wife was with me- so I had to "slow down" She is not into the offroading thing (She cringes when we take her Rav to the dirt roads at our campsite) She really likes the looks of my Baja- and took it to work this morning- Her boss drives an outback- so she is gonna park em side by side and see if the door frames are the same- I HAVE to have those vent shades for the side windows!!!!!
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Oh you totally have to off road in these!! We pretty much stick to "seasonal use highways" since there arent many legal trails around...but you can get some good runs on those!!
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

You will love winter, its a blast. The Baja goes better in the snow than any 4X4 truck I have owned. I have driven mine through the back yard here with 14 inches on the ground, didn't even bat an eye, it just LOVES snow. And let us know if the Vent Visors will work, I have wanted a set on the front windows of mine since I bought it, but like you all I heard was, "we don't know if it will fit or not". Mike
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your Baja as much as the rest of us have enjoyed ours! Have fun!
Spacinjason
'06 Baja Turbo MT :D
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Sadly- the vent visors won't work (duh) The window is framless and the visor will not attach to the roofline and still allow the door to open- Man that sucks. As for the off roading- welllll there are a few pretty cool trails down in Allegany State Park that can get interesting (nothing to gnarly) and then there is always some good Off Road trails down in the Allegany National Forest in NW Penn. I live in a pretty rural area and no some of the pretty remote state lands that have some nice trails- Course with the gas prices on the climb (AGAIN) Joy riding is real hard to justify :?
autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by autumnmist83 »

congrats on the baja Ilove my 05