Baja: Anything You DON'T Like ?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

OK I've only had mine one night- But a split back rear seat (with accompaning split switchback) would be vey cool (my wifes Rav 4 has the 60/40 split rear seat and I love it- we use it all the time to haul stuff around) I like the little H4 engine and with the 5 speed it is plenty gutsy (if you stay in the powerband) for me- The cup holders need reworking (should use ones like in the rav- Adjustable to fit even my Big Gulp 64 oz>) Rear 12 volt outlet (I think I might just add one under those rear Bedliner panels that pop out with a screwdriver) Also on my 03 the fog lights only work when the headlights are on (I can see the merits of this- but wish I could turn on the fogs with just the parking lights). The power window for the driver side should have and Auto up (it goes down with just one push- but not up) alos and aouto close for the moonroff would be kinda nice- Oh and a Brush bar for the front end (I know- HOOKY!!!- But cna you imagine a Powdercoated (to match the body color) bruch gaurd with big ole lights on it?????) Other than that (all minor things really) it works pretty good.
mellowyellow
Scoobytruck Lurker

lack of a third seat

Post by mellowyellow »

I dislike that there is a lack of a third rear passenger seat.

I love the little cargo nook area w/cup holders ... but occassionally I could've used a third seat or at least a third seat belt for that one extra passenger.
Nails
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Nails »

2003 automatic.
Cargo retainer hooks at the top of the bed, not at the bottom. When the bed is loaded, it is really a challenge to get down there with a bungee cord and find the hook in the blind.
Access to the spare when the bed is loaded, too.
N2
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

When I put the A/C on the maximum cool setting, it is way too loud...There is so much air noise that I have to turn the radio all the way up.

More 12V ligher outlets would be nice

Split rear seat

Instead of a center console in the back seat, how about a 5th passenger seat?

A bed wide enough to swallow the width 4x8 Sheet of Plywood. The bed is 45" at the narrow point. Why couldn't they have added just a few more inches to allow Plywood or Drywall in the bed?

There is no way to leave the headlights on when the key is removed from the ignition. In some respects this is good, so the battery doesn't wear out, but what if I need the light for a short time?

The tinting on the rear windows is too dark.
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Tinting too Dark? Well on my 98 Dakota we got pulled over for having the Dealer installed (I.E. I bought the truck like it was off the lot) tinting too dark- I was so po I almost went to court to fight it out- My better half (and smarter half too) said NO- Took it to the dealer- had them remove it and went to court and had the ticket dismissed- I told her my next car was gonna have BLACk windows!!!!!
chicken n waffles
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by chicken n waffles »

-factory boost gauge that measures psi would be nice

-lockable hard bed cover available for all models would be nicer

-locking gas cap would be beyond nice and i'm suprised that subaru got away with not having it as such

-bigger hoodscoop would've been cool
-Ben
'05 Baja Turbo M/T
Atlantic Blue
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

I wish the seats were truck seats not car, I wish it was hirer off the ground, and i wish it had more power