Baja: Anything You DON'T Like ?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bajabeauty

Post by bajabeauty »

I thought of something eles that would be good.....full door frames, along the windows you know?....it would eliminate the problem of wind noise that our bajas can get.
bklynbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bklynbaja »

[quote="bajabeauty"]I wish the control bottons for the locks, and side mirror controls would illuminate in darkness.....

I felt the same way! at night when I would have to open my gate to my driveway I couldn't see the botton to unlock the door. So.... what I did was install a small LED light mounted by the switches hooked up to my headlight switch. I had the door panels off anyway because I installed LED turn signals on the side mirror and on the back of the of the side mirrors. Looks and works great! Alan
06 turbo, auto.. turbo gauge,sub woofer under seat, view mirror w/ dimmer, 110v outlet mounted in dashboard, really nice remote starter,bed ex, back cab light go on by remote, moved tubro gauge 1" to the right(couldn't see the clock or temp gauges)
bajabeauty

Post by bajabeauty »

Thats awesome you should post a pic of that.....sounds to hard for me to do myself though....great minds think alike!
Phloid
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Phloid »

I have only had my Baja for a month but the one thing that made me apprehensive about the purchase was the lack of a 5th seat in the back. A full size spare too. I would also like a Tonneau cover with the look and lock ability of the hard one that comes with the leather turbo, but that is easily and completly removeable as the Ozzbro one is. Otherwise, I love it.
Baja Ha Ha!
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Spacinjasman wrote:4. Have horn honk when locking car with remote. Then you know it is locked even if you're halfway across the parking lot from your car.
I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this, one of those goofy combinations of turning the ignition on and off along with opening the door multiple times. I recall trying out in my '03 when I added the alarm package to the keyless entry. Check the manual. In place of that if you hit the lock/arm button multiple times eventually the horn will beep, as in "yeah, yeah I heard you the first time! I'm locked! Sheesh." Again, does this on my '03.

Drop the seat an inch to give a bit more headroom to the 6' and above crowd.

Move the plate frame off the tailgate, drop some weight from the gate and enable for it to be easily removed like on many standard trucks. (Not that I don't like the way that it is, but I think the added flexibility would be welcome.)

umm...

Doesn't fly? Lacking 3rd party weapon add-ons, particularly James Bond style? Should include a tap to assist in turning the bed into the coolest damn keg bucket ever? (sorry, could only come up with so many serious entries...)

-Pow
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

Pow wrote:
Spacinjasman wrote:4. Have horn honk when locking car with remote. Then you know it is locked even if you're halfway across the parking lot from your car.
I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this, one of those goofy combinations of turning the ignition on and off along with opening the door multiple times. I recall trying out in my '03 when I added the alarm package to the keyless entry. Check the manual. In place of that if you hit the lock/arm button multiple times eventually the horn will beep, as in "yeah, yeah I heard you the first time! I'm locked! Sheesh." Again, does this on my '03.

Drop the seat an inch to give a bit more headroom to the 6' and above crowd.

Move the plate frame off the tailgate, drop some weight from the gate and enable for it to be easily removed like on many standard trucks. (Not that I don't like the way that it is, but I think the added flexibility would be welcome.)

umm...

Doesn't fly? Lacking 3rd party weapon add-ons, particularly James Bond style? Should include a tap to assist in turning the bed into the coolest damn keg bucket ever? (sorry, could only come up with so many serious entries...)
I would love to know exactly what the 'trick' is to the door lock/horn combitnation. I'm sure there is a way to do it. There's nothing in my owners manual about it. I know if you click the door lock on the remote three times, the horn will honk. Don't want to prematurely wear out my lock actuaters though.
Spacinjason

-Pow
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Spacinjasman wrote:I would love to know exactly what the 'trick' is to the door lock/horn combitnation. I'm sure there is a way to do it. There's nothing in my owners manual about it. I know if you click the door lock on the remote three times, the horn will honk. Don't want to prematurely wear out my lock actuaters though.
Spacinjason
Well, I'm not sure if the security system on the '06 is the same as what I've got on my '03. Here is a link that shows the key fobs that I have for my unit and some of the tricks that can be done with it. If yours are the same I'd say to try item 3, "Honking horn?" Note that this site has no mention of the Baja... like we're illigetimate children or something.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html#alpine

-Pow
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

Pow wrote:
Spacinjasman wrote:I would love to know exactly what the 'trick' is to the door lock/horn combitnation. I'm sure there is a way to do it. There's nothing in my owners manual about it. I know if you click the door lock on the remote three times, the horn will honk. Don't want to prematurely wear out my lock actuaters though.
Spacinjason
Well, I'm not sure if the security system on the '06 is the same as what I've got on my '03. Here is a link that shows the key fobs that I have for my unit and some of the tricks that can be done with it. If yours are the same I'd say to try item 3, "Honking horn?" Note that this site has no mention of the Baja... like we're illigetimate children or something.
Thanks POW, I will check out that site and see if I can find any instructions for having a 'honk' when locking the doors. I appreciate your response! :D
Spacinjason
'06 Baja Turbo MT

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html#alpine

-Pow
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
jeffsmith
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by jeffsmith »

Here is the BAJA Section of Cars101

http://www.cars101.com/baja.html

I used the site extensively for research
before I bought my Baja
The Trouble With Normal is it Only Gets Worse
Silflay Hraka, u Embleer Rah!
I'll admit I needed a Life, but settled for a Fishing Boat
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

The sad thing is that a lot of these features are exactly what were on the STX concept car. The window rolled down into the midgate, the rear headrest folded into the roof, and the midgate folded down. Obviously this didnt fly in crash test situations Since taking all of that structure out of an outback wagon left it alittle flimsy.

that car also had the crazy mcintosh sound system which ultimalty led to such on the outbacks. And it had Dc power as well as an inverter for AC in the bed. And the spare tires well was also turned into that sweet beer cooler idea.

As far as frameless windows... Every Subaru but the Tribeca has had frameless windows so i guess ide feel I was asking too much there.

Ground clearance wouldnt really do too much without drastic styling changes since the real problem is shallow approach and departure angles.

I wish we got the concept car, but as it is in so many cases we just get a watered down version instead. Either way, I love it.
jeffsmith
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by jeffsmith »

The two most recent posts on NASIOC (Baja) and ScoobyTruck
BOTH mention the STX Concept
Different Forums Different Threads Different Posters
Quite a Coincidence
The Trouble With Normal is it Only Gets Worse
Silflay Hraka, u Embleer Rah!
I'll admit I needed a Life, but settled for a Fishing Boat
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

I felt the same way! at night when I would have to open my gate to my driveway I couldn't see the botton to unlock the door. So.... what I did was install a small LED light mounted by the switches hooked up to my headlight switch. I had the door panels off anyway because I installed LED turn signals on the side mirror and on the back of the of the side mirrors. Looks and works great! Alan
That is a great idea! Like to see some pictures of your LED turn signals.
-EB
bklynbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

pictures

Post by bklynbaja »

i don't know how to post pictures, so... if you pm me with a email address I can email the pictures tonight, or if I can email the pictures to someone and they can post them.
06 turbo, auto.. turbo gauge,sub woofer under seat, view mirror w/ dimmer, 110v outlet mounted in dashboard, really nice remote starter,bed ex, back cab light go on by remote, moved tubro gauge 1" to the right(couldn't see the clock or temp gauges)
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: pictures

Post by Spacinjasman »

bklynbaja wrote:i don't know how to post pictures, so... if you pm me with a email address I can email the pictures tonight, or if I can email the pictures to someone and they can post them.
Hey bklynbaja- question about your turbo gauge. Is it a factory or aftermarket gauge? How mush did it cost to have installed (if you don't mind me asking)? I would love to have one, but don't like the way they block the other gauges, and thought they were kind of expensive. Thanks in advance for any reply :D .
Spacinjason
'06 Baja Turbo MT
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: pictures

Post by Spacinjasman »

bklynbaja wrote:i don't know how to post pictures, so... if you pm me with a email address I can email the pictures tonight, or if I can email the pictures to someone and they can post them.
How did you get your bed ight to come on with the remote? That is cool and could come in very handy! My last truck (Dakota) did that. Thanks in advance for any reply!
Spacinjason
'06 Baja Turbo MT
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT