If they made it I would buy it list

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

wrx03
Scoobytruck Lurker

If they made it I would buy it list

Post by wrx03 »

1. I would really like a sliding rear window on the ole Baja. :D
2. Reflash for an 05 N/A. (yes I know about a piggyback)
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Ladder rack. The roof racks are so damn close together I find it risky transporting long items on top. A ladder rack would do the trick, I suspect something could be built that stands on the bed of the baja and anchors to the four bed tie downs. I think I had seen something like this on a lifeguard Baja that had a photo posted in the NASIOC forums.

While it would need to anchor differently, something like this- http://www.myladderracks.com/servlet/Detail?no=54

-Pow
brujah
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by brujah »

safari / bull bar. There must be some major manufacturer willing to produce one. I would guess that if it were offered for a reasonable price, almost every one of us would buy. I know I would![/u]
2005 turbo - WRX intercooler, Samco hoses, GFB bov, 3" Helix catless downpipe, 2.5" SS CatBackEx, front and rear skidplates(for rocks and logs), Westin safari bar, lots of Hella 500's
TonyTyler
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by TonyTyler »

I'm with you on the push bar - especially if it had additional fog lamp mounts. Can't ever have too much light!
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

dammit... I'm pretty sure I had seen front bars that would fit the Baja somewhere online, but I can't find the site. Might have been posted/discussed in the NASIOC forums. Fairly certain it was a company in Australia tho.

-Pow
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I would pop out some bucks for a bar, too. It would look nice, and as stated, be another place to hang some big lite on. Other than that, about 4 more inches of ground clearance would be nice, in the stock vehicle without resorting to an expensive lift kit. Mike
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

brujah wrote:safari / bull bar. There must be some major manufacturer willing to produce one. I would guess that if it were offered for a reasonable price, almost every one of us would buy. I know I would![/u]
:D I too would purchase a push bar if I could find one. I've had one on every 4x4 I've owned. It would give the front of the Baja a more aggressive look, not to mention easy mounting of additional lighting.
I would also love a power rear window. I would rather have that then the 'passthrough' as I never use that.
Spacinjason
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
holland_patrick
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by holland_patrick »

Spacinjasman wrote:
brujah wrote:safari / bull bar. There must be some major manufacturer willing to produce one. I would guess that if it were offered for a reasonable price, almost every one of us would buy. I know I would![/u]
:D I too would purchase a push bar if I could find one. I've had one on every 4x4 I've owned. It would give the front of the Baja a more aggressive look, not to mention easy mounting of additional lighting.
I would also love a power rear window. I would rather have that then the 'passthrough' as I never use that.
Spacinjason
east coast bull bars in AU sells them ..
Fuzzy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Fuzzy »

If they made grille guards I would definitly buy them. And some bumper guards for the back. I want some really really bad.

Fuzzy
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Re: If they made it I would buy it list

Post by bajaguy »

If anyone's still interested, check out the rack I made in the bed of mine... I made it for bikes, but it could easily hold a ladder. the only body modification was a nut spot-welded behind the holes at the bottom.
I've posted some pics here. I can take more if you're interested in making one yourself.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2193