parking sucks

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

kiddbaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

parking sucks

Post by kiddbaja »

i park my baja at the end of a parking lot cus people don't care about there cars.Unlike me. no one around me. go in to the mall to hang out with my daughter. come back out still no cars around(but it is near closing) see a mark on passanger side rear pannel. some sob hit my car. no note no nothing :evil: i have bearly had it 2 months.dam people sometimes sucks [smilie=disgust.gif]
Did you get that thing i sent you?
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

At least you went alot longer than I did. Mine got a chip in the paint on the rf door cladding the second week I had it. The worst part is a guy at work did it in the lot. He opened his long Thunderbird door into it. I didn't even talk to him about it, as all I would here is "I didn't do it dog". Mike
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

I have a clearcoat chip in my LR cladding... not sure where it came from. ONly chipped the clear. Probably the same place yours came from... most likely a soccer mom on a cell phone in an SUV :roll:
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
kiddbaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kiddbaja »

yea now i take up two spots at the end of the parking lot. i use to hate people who did that but know i know why. you just have too. some people dont care. even some who have nice cars.
Did you get that thing i sent you?
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

It seems like we're easy targets. One week after I bought my car, got a small dent in the driver's side door. Two weeks ago, someone gouged my front left fender, just above the wheel well. It went all the way down to the bare plastic. It must have been some big vehicle, because the damage is pretty high up. As always, no note, no nothing. [smilie=damn.gif]
ahyesiam
Scoobytruck Lurker

Shopping carts suck also...

Post by ahyesiam »

Get this, I picked up my new Baja from the dealer drove 7 miles and stopped at Sam's Club. I parked a long ways away from any cars in the lot to protect my new baby. Came out and somebody ran a shopping cart across the parking lot and left a 11' deep scratch in the front fender cladding. Two weeks later it was parked and a 17 year old kid on a backhoe ran into it. At least I got Ins. $s out of the backhoe damage.
URABUS
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

i feel your pain, man, you just can't have nice things nowadays...
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

[smilie=damn.gif] nice and car/truck don't belong in the same sentence if you drive it. The only way to keep it nice is to never drive it, leave it in the garage all the time. If I did that, then with my luck, the garage would burn down!! Mike
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

lol I hear ya ! no matter where you park, your vehicle will become a magnet for retards.