Bed Covers

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

kidjoe
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kidjoe »

bajabob wrote:One thing with my snug top is the rubber seals are now starting to fail, both the rubber donuts around the bars as well as the rubber strip that covers the seam between the lid pieces. My local parts dealer is looking for replacements for me but hasn't had any luck yet.

Bob
Mine is doing the same thing. Please let me know if you get replacements for the rubber around the bars (seeing as your so close to me, I'm in T.O.). I am going to try to find a better suited rubber for the seam. Mine keeps coming unglued. Other than that it is a good looking cover. However, my preferance would be something moulded in plastic with metal reinforcement, fiberglass is heavy and unless it is sanded to perfection tends to be a little wavey.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

kidjoe wrote: Mine is doing the same thing. Please let me know if you get replacements for the rubber around the bars (seeing as your so close to me, I'm in T.O.). I am going to try to find a better suited rubber for the seam. Mine keeps coming unglued. Other than that it is a good looking cover. However, my preferance would be something moulded in plastic with metal reinforcement, fiberglass is heavy and unless it is sanded to perfection tends to be a little wavey.

I'll let you know if I find anything. Are you signed up with the toronto subaru club as well?

Bob
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Looks like its OzzBros for me. I will put my order in tommorow.
kidjoe
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kidjoe »

bajabob wrote:
kidjoe wrote: Mine is doing the same thing. Please let me know if you get replacements for the rubber around the bars (seeing as your so close to me, I'm in T.O.). I am going to try to find a better suited rubber for the seam. Mine keeps coming unglued. Other than that it is a good looking cover. However, my preferance would be something moulded in plastic with metal reinforcement, fiberglass is heavy and unless it is sanded to perfection tends to be a little wavey.

I'll let you know if I find anything. Are you signed up with the toronto subaru club as well?

Bob
Not as of yet, just getting started. I will sign up today. I see they have meets every once in a while. I'm definitely interested in the get togethers. I want to see how much other Subaru's have in common with the Baja so I can start making some upgrades.
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

jaxed wrote:Looks like its OzzBros for me. I will put my order in tommorow.
Well I got the cover in today and had it installed in a matter of minutes. All I can say is whoo-hoo! So far so good.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Post some pics so we can see it. I am thinking along doing the same thing, the factory POS is just about done. I don't think I can have it sewed up again. Mike
autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by autumnmist83 »

ok I went to get my baja today (long story) but I saw a locking top that came in two pieces that locks. and it fits over the bed not in the bed.
I dont think its an ozzy so... the only thing it said on it was illinouslock.com but thats just the lock

ok boys help me out here I really want that cover
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Was that cover on a 06 Turbo?? If it was, that may be the factory cover that you can only get it you buy the thing with the 06 Turbo, as part of an option package. Mike
autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by autumnmist83 »

nope it was on an 05 sport not a turbo. So I dont know but I really want that cover and I can't find it. It was water proof
I have a picture of itImage
Last edited by autumnmist83 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by autumnmist83 »

oh I forgot its thick hard plastic cover that its over the bed and it locks in two places

It looks like the one from the on the first page of the subaru website

There are alot of them on the 2005's

one

two

I really want one of them grrr.
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

I've got no idea.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

if it's truly waterproof, i def want one....
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by autumnmist83 »

I want one too!!
it looks like a really great cover. It similar to the ozz but its plastic and It fits over the bed instead of in. It also have two locks. I emailed the dealers wonder if they will get back to me ... if its a subaru optional I am going to be hopping
hakysak
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by hakysak »

It looks like the one they offered for the leather package only.
autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by autumnmist83 »

why dont tell sell it to all the models I dont get them