Certified collision center?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Murasaki312
Scoobytruck Lurker

Certified collision center?

Post by Murasaki312 »

We need to get front end repair/replace on our 05 Baja. It was damaged when we bought it from the owner, so we knew at some point we would get around to fixing it. I notice there are "Subaru certified" collision centers about 80 miles from us, which we are happy to drive to if that's advantageous. However the Subaru dealership near us has its own collision center that it sends cars to, but it's not "certified". Pros/cons? Any advice is much appreciated.
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Certified collision center?

Post by kamesama980 »

Certified looks better when they buy the car and sell it again. Financially, it probably means that subaru will use them for warranty work or still honor the body warranty if they've worked on it. For you as owner of a car 10-15 years out of warranty it probably means they'll give the option of paying significantly more to install panels made by subaru rather than aftermarket and use paint certified to match when the car was new.

Basically, to you as an end user, I'd worry more about their past work and reviews than whether they're subaru certified.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back
Murasaki312
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Certified collision center?

Post by Murasaki312 »

Hey thanks for the reply- that's helpful. Since both shops have excellent reviews I guess we just need to clarify with them what we want (underneath doesn't matter so much but exterior does) and go from there. We also want to eventually get the yellow paint even though according to cars101 it wasn't offered for the 05. We just like the yellow. Thanks again for the help!