rear subframe

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

ttruex66
Scoobytruck Lurker

rear subframe

Post by ttruex66 »

I have a 2006 baja in great shape and i love it. Unfortunately the rear subframe rotted and broke where the uppermost control arm connects. Patching/repairing it isnt working out (and im an ase master tech of 20 some years). Where would I look to buy the subframe and related parts? Ebay isnt treating me so good and its strange 2003 seem to be different than 04-06? Thanks ahead of time, Tim
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Re: rear subframe

Post by kamesama980 »

Are you looking for new or used? they haven't made them in 15 years so doubt you'll find much new. Junkyards, forum commerce section, facebook marketplace.

I'm not aware of changes to the subframe from 03 to newer but haven't dug into it. I know the struts changed height. I've always heard they're all compatible as are those of the 01-04 outback/legacy.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back
ttruex66
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by ttruex66 »

Thank you for the reply. I also thought the baja was only made from 04 - 06, so im not sure why i am seeing all these 03 rear crossmembers on ebay that not compatible with my 06.
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

They were definitely made/sold in 03. I have one. Are you the same guy that asked about subframe differences in one of the Baja failbook groups?
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back
ttruex66
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by ttruex66 »

no, this is my first post about my baja period I think. I got a 05 subframe to day off of ebay thats in really good shape. Im scared of all the control arm stuff thats not going to cooporate tho lol.