putting a Baja back on the road after front damage

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bheinen74
Scoobytruck Contributer

putting a Baja back on the road after front damage

Post by bheinen74 »

Wow. It has been a WHILE since I have been active on this board.
Just purchased this 03 at an auction. Its a 5speed with 81k on it, and still has a clean title. Got hood in correct color, and got the fender off a Outback in the right color, had to dril the flair holes, used a template on the backside of the original fender, then lined the template on the rear of the used fender and drilled them.

and have bneen putting it back together.

for the bed trim plugs i had 3 missing. So, outdoor black tape over a penny, hot glued on fits the bill just right.....
bheinen74
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: putting a Baja back on the road after front damage

Post by bheinen74 »

and this was my first Baja back in about 2010...look careful and you can find the BRAT there too....
harleyjohn45
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by harleyjohn45 »

bheinen74 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:42 pm Wow. It has been a WHILE since I have been active on this board.
Just purchased this 03 at an auction. Its a 5speed with 81k on it, and still has a clean title. Got hood in correct color, and got the fender off a Outback in the right color, had to dril the flair holes, used a template on the backside of the original fender, then lined the template on the rear of the used fender and drilled them.

and have bneen putting it back together.

for the bed trim plugs i had 3 missing. So, outdoor black tape over a penny, hot glued on fits the bill just right.....
You did a fantastic job, I recently bid on a 2005 turbo in Montana. I was out bid at 3200, with auction fees, broker fees and 1700 in delivery. I went as high as it could. I just bought a 2006 turbo with 110k on the clock, but running into problems any way. The turbo was blown out twice and the chap who replaced it didn't know about oil union filters. One good thing, the last turbo was under warranty, so I don't have to buy a new one.
Good luck with your new Baja.
HaHaBajAlcyone
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by HaHaBajAlcyone »

I see a teal SVX in your garage. 8)
bheinen74
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bheinen74 »

yep a 97 Polo Green.
Anyway. just about to roll to 83k on the Baja tomorrow, so about 1400 miles on it since my owning.
I had it parked all summer due to the snow tires on it. Just put it into driving mode about a month ago.
I just filled up the tank today and it was about 24.25 MPG, and there is quite a bit of idiling warmups in that.
bheinen74
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bheinen74 »

gave it a bath in the driveway today since it was pretty nice out.
outboardr
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by outboardr »

She looks good and runs good with that mpg.
Like the old Brat too.
bheinen74
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bheinen74 »

I got around to changing my oil last weekned, so 2nd oil change with my owning. I changed ahead of schedule because i am having a hernia surgery next week and will be out of doing hard work for while to recover, and the weather was almost 70 degrees. Glad I did it, since it is about 25 now and a windchill and snow blowing around all over and my garage is not heated or insulated.
Also gave it another bath in the drive, and installed my new husky heavy liners for the front to protect from nasty winter stuff. Got them on sale on scamazon and there was a coupon too for exra savings I had been watching the prices for at least 3 months and the coupon was the deal i needed.
HaHaBajAlcyone
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by HaHaBajAlcyone »

Nice... the Husky liners are a nice fit... and incidentally also fit 'okay' in a SVX... :)
bheinen74
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bheinen74 »

they also fit my summer daily driver CRX exept they dont have a cut out for gas/hatch realease on it.