05 Baja Manual shifter parts

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

mkc1962
Scoobytruck Lurker

05 Baja Manual shifter parts

Post by mkc1962 »

Have seen several posts on the topic of removing sloppyness in the shifter, but nothing about where to get the parts. Cant seem to find them on any OEM Subaru parts site.

The rubber boot under the leather shifter boot is torn, and thinking probably some bushings of sorts in the linkage assembly itself. Not totally gone by any means, but lots looser than when I bought it. Wanting to get it back in top form.

...any input appreciated.
Mike
Central Alabama.

Way too many hobbies and interests to list. Anything DIY consumes 99% of my free time.

ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Re: 05 Baja Manual shifter parts

Post by ZUBAJA »

It's a "shifter U joint assembly". Don't know how specific, bt I have seen them (new) for sale on ebay. On mine, I scronged around and came up with bushing material that fit. I drilled out the riveted pins and replaced with bolts and locknuts. Dennis
mkc1962
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: 05 Baja Manual shifter parts

Post by mkc1962 »

Thanks for the input and private link on the part, will consider that route. Anybody know on what parts fisch for OEM that rubber boot plate might be? Ive looked on several OEM sites, but find nothing either shifter console or transmission that shows it....gotta be out there somewhere.
Mike
Central Alabama.

Way too many hobbies and interests to list. Anything DIY consumes 99% of my free time.