Project Off Road Baja

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Rwilliamtaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

Project Off Road Baja

Post by Rwilliamtaylor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Project Baja Done.

4 “ lift plus lot’s off fender trimming
Method Race Wheels
BFG Ko2s
Skid plates
Brush Bar
Custom Winch Mount
Off Road Lights

Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
mikeeitup
Scoobytruck Contributer
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by mikeeitup » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Nice! Who made the lift kit for you?

Rwilliamtaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by Rwilliamtaylor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Anderson Design Fabrication.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rwilliamtaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by Rwilliamtaylor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:16 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Guacamole
Scoobytruck Master
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:11 am
Location: Eastern Shore, MD
Contact:

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by Guacamole » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 pm

That is one sexy sport! Excellent job on the mod!
Question: What model bush bar and how does it mount and did the bumper bottom crossmember have to be cut out in order to mount it?
User is currently lost somewhere just East of Lyra

Image

User avatar
mikeeitup
Scoobytruck Contributer
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by mikeeitup » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:43 pm

I am a little nervous about purchasing from them. For the 200 more than the competitor, you do get the brace BUT it does not come coated. that worries me. Thoughts?

Airborneguy
Scoobytruck Contributer
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by Airborneguy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:59 pm

How did you wire the top light bar? Trying to figure how I want to do mine.

Rwilliamtaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by Rwilliamtaylor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Guacamole wrote:That is one sexy sport! Excellent job on the mod!
Question: What model bush bar and how does it mount and did the bumper bottom crossmember have to be cut out in order to mount it?
It’s a Westin bush bar (not intended for a baja). I have a 3/16 in skid plate that the bush bar bolts to. I didn’t have to cut the bumper skin bottom crossmember in fact I just trimmed it at first and then I decided to ad an upper skid plate so I trimmed the bottom bar away. Here’s a pic that shows before the winch and trimming.

Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rwilliamtaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

Project Off Road Baja

Post by Rwilliamtaylor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:35 pm

mikeeitup wrote:I am a little nervous about purchasing from them. For the 200 more than the competitor, you do get the brace BUT it does not come coated. that worries me. Thoughts?
The parts are pretty heavy gauge so I didn’t worry about the coating. I’ve found that plastidip works well as an alternative to powder coating and is easy to apply. I used PD on a crosstrek brush bar and winch mount I built.

Image

I’ve installed 2 ADF lifts now and both were high quality parts.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Rwilliamtaylor on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rwilliamtaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

Project Off Road Baja

Post by Rwilliamtaylor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Airborneguy wrote:How did you wire the top light bar? Trying to figure how I want to do mine.

I used a cable routing channel sealed with silicone. It runs up the edge of the windshield. You have to look closely to see it. If you zoom this photo you’ll see it. I found the wires for the 42” bar were too thick to run under the windshield seal. I also installed a switch in the dash panel. If you look behind it there is room for an aftermarket switch. If that didn’t work I was going to use the cargo lamp switch since I never use the bed light.

Image


Image

Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Airborneguy
Scoobytruck Contributer
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by Airborneguy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Rwilliamtaylor wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Airborneguy wrote:How did you wire the top light bar? Trying to figure how I want to do mine.

I used a cable routing channel sealed with silicone. It runs up the edge of the windshield. You have to look closely to see it. If you zoom this photo you’ll see it. I found the wires for the 42” bar were too thick to run under the windshield seal. I also installed a switch in the dash panel. If you look behind it there is room for an aftermarket switch. If that didn’t work I was going to use the cargo lamp switch since I never use the bed light.

Image


Image

Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you! I’m probably going to do it this way as well.

Airborneguy
Scoobytruck Contributer
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by Airborneguy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Where did you get that channel?

walfredo
Scoobytruck Contributer
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:17 am

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by walfredo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 am

Are you running 16" or 15" methods? What offset? What size tires?

I didnt think 15's would fit over the brakes - so I went with Motegi MR139 16's with 215/70/16 Grabber APT's - I dont quite have the offset (or tire width) Id like though and am thinking of going 15s (with more tire choices to boot).

Looking good!

Rwilliamtaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Project Off Road Baja

Post by Rwilliamtaylor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Airborneguy wrote:Where did you get that channel?
Ordered it on Amazon.

One-Cord Channel Cable Concealer - CMC-03 Mini Cover Cable Management System - 125" Raceway Kit for Hiding a Single Ethernet Cable, Speaker Wire, Floor Lamp Cord - 8X L15.6in, W0.59in H0.39in, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8V7RZ1/re ... YBb772BDXW


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rwilliamtaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 am

Project Off Road Baja

Post by Rwilliamtaylor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:06 pm

walfredo wrote:Are you running 16" or 15" methods? What offset? What size tires?

I didnt think 15's would fit over the brakes - so I went with Motegi MR139 16's with 215/70/16 Grabber APT's - I dont quite have the offset (or tire width) Id like though and am thinking of going 15s (with more tire choices to boot).

Looking good!
They are 15” Methods with 15 offset. I run 235/75/15 BFG KO2s.

I also have a 1” wheel spacer, but I ran them without the spacer as well with no problems.

Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Reply