Our Memorial day vacation with the Baja (pics)

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Our Memorial day vacation with the Baja (pics)

Post by yellowblaze »

We took a much needed break and spent a bit of time in the north country (Adirondack state park, upstate NY). Drove up saturday, cruised the back county Sunday, came home today.

Between Keene & Keene Valley, where the 9N ends-this is one of my favorite places to photograph, Ilove the barn...

On a back road

Doesn't this sign just speak to you..."come drive here"...

Down a hill on the road where the above sign was posted:

This is one of my fav pics:

Great Camp Sagamore in Raquette Lake:

There's vids too...hint hint jaxed :P

I can't say enough about the capabilities of the Baja, on & off road. It DUSTED plenty of other vehicles on the twisty mountain roads, and blew through the mud & gravel off road like it was nothing. More to come later...gotta go unpack & unwind b4 work :( tomorrow...meetings bith big brass all week, what fun...
Last edited by yellowblaze on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

pics look great, looks like a good time... i will have to get over there and check that place out... where 9N ends, huh? hmmm.... :D
bajafresh
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bajafresh »

nice pics! looks like a fun time.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

cliffhanger wrote:pics look great, looks like a good time... i will have to get over there and check that place out... where 9N ends, huh? hmmm.... :D
Only the barn pic was taken there-the off road pics (and abandoned road) were in various places-mostly near Elizabethtown & Lewis. The Barn pic is where the 9N comes into the 73 , right between Keene & Keene Valley (it's closer to Keene Valley). I think I remember where the abandoned road is, but I'm not positive-and I couldn't give the directions anyway, I have no exact distances or even the street (names) we took to get there.

There are a lot of "back country" roads around the high peaks/Lewis/Jay areas though. That's the first time I've ever seen a sign indicating a "certified abandoned" road though-usually they put boulders or deadfall across the roads to discourage use. There was a house/cabin down that one though-we stopped when we came up on that-didn't want to meet the unfriendly end of a shotgun! We stick to marked trails/roads to try to make suer that doesn't happen-but this was a weird case, since I figure if it said that, the owner of the camp/house might have decided it was "theirs"...
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

Very nice images...thanks for sharing them.