Baja OEM switch options

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

sfeather11
Scoobytruck Master

Baja OEM switch options

Post by sfeather11 »

Hey all, Looking to add a few additional "bling" lights to my ride, but want to keep the switches looking oem. My plan is to replace the 1-switch cubby in the lower center stack (where the sport lamp switch is) with the jdm 3-switch cubby to gain 2 extra spots. My question is: Does anyone know what switches will work here? I'm thinking of just getting 2 extra fog lamp switches to use here. I'm thinking the oem subaru cruise, fog, cargo, and sport lamp switches will fit perfect here, but I would like something a little more unique. Anyone know of any other switch that will fit??

Peace! Scott
w.rohr
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Baja OEM switch options

Post by w.rohr »

https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Backli ... GTE25VV25S

This style will fit but you will have to cut out the tabs in the back of the cubby and cut the tabs off the switch but they will fit. Its a common size sometimes called carlington (I think thats the original brand).
sfeather11
Scoobytruck Master

Post by sfeather11 »

Cool, thanks for the reply, I may give them a try. I think I used that switch style on my Jeep, but I cut the hole to fit...

If I cut the tabs off the switch, will it still fit snug and not jiggle around?

Peace!
w.rohr
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by w.rohr »

There seems to be some difference between brands, but for the most part since you are pushing in so as long as you dont pull they sit fine.