General thread for my baja

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Superchunk
Scoobytruck Lurker

General thread for my baja

Post by Superchunk »

Hi folks. I picked up an 06 baja about a year ago and love it, love it, love it. I'm a subie fan with an 05 stage 2 Saabaru and a stage 2 02 JDM STI.

Thought I would start a thread where I would post my progress over the next 6 months or so as I (well, really my buddy, I'm not mechanically inclined) make some changes to the Baja.

I have a donor car to use for some changes - an 02 LLB Bean H6 Outback.

First I'm doing a small lift - about 1.5", and I'll go with a meatier tire. I thought the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A® KO2 Tire 215 65 16 looked good, but I would love to hear suggestions. May go 17" rims though.

Going to swap in all the LL Bean trim pieces for fun (console, door etc...).

Going to upgrade every bushing possible to tighten up the overall ride.

Swap in the H6 motor. This is the big one I'm most excited for, obviously. My buddy has done countless swaps, probably none as complicated as this, but he has a close friend who has done several of this exact swap so we have a resource as needed, and the full donor car in good condition (other than it's tranny being toast).

SQ based stereo - still trying to piece together what components, there isn't a load of room. I have a subaru underseat subt i've never used, may see if we can get that to work. Maybe a Pioneer p99rs head unit...not sure yet.

Intend to do a wrap as the body has some rust spots and isn't looking too beautiful (on hood and door, qp seem fine...just dings and scratches that went bad). Not sure on color...maybe white.

I would like to find a nice light bar but may have to fabricate one, I can't find a worthwhile one at a worthwhile price so far.

I would love to hear any and all suggestions. I will update this thread with progress pics as we go along.
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Re: General thread for my baja

Post by bajaguy »

I look forward to seeing it!!!