Custom grille

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

Custom grille

Post by Allanon93 »

So I had a good idea for modifying the grille. I am cutting the center section out and the whole crossbar of the grille. Then gonna fiberglass the bars that are farther out together and paint the emblem red and black. The emblem will appear to be floating.Timely process I will post updates.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 3683 times
starr-
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Custom grille

Post by starr- »

I'll just leave this here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1472&start=30
I like it here.... [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
sfeather11
Scoobytruck Master

Post by sfeather11 »

Hey there,
I am currently doing this exact same thing, except I cut out the entire center leaving only the shell. I had filled the cut outs with bondo and had them fairly smooth, but ended up breaking one of the sections out this morning. :x Am going to try again this time with fiberglass 1st then bondo to smooth. However, I've never used fiberglass before, so I'm learning as I go. Looking at the link starr provided, I may try going that epoxy route too. That looked like it turned out nice...

What did you use for a backing when you filled the holes? I used HVAC foil tape and it worked fairly well...

Keep the pics coming! I'm interested to see your progress!

Peace! Scott
Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Allanon93 »

Haven't got to filling in the holes yet. But I willl probably be using some painters tape with another piece on it so it won't be sticky at all. I am getting fiberglass this Friday. It's just been sitting because I have been working and school too.