New roof for Baja

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bkb555
Scoobytruck Lurker

New roof for Baja

Post by bkb555 »

Hi guys, I cannot find a new roof panel for any baja style in the United states...does anyone know where I can get one...thanks....it has sunroof
Brian
bkb555
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: New roof for Baja

Post by bkb555 »

follow up on NEW roof for Baja...I found one BUT there was an exception....I had the sport model and there were only 3 left in the whole country but they were for the Turbo model.....the ONLY difference between the 2 was that the turbo had a 1 inch hole in the rear of the roof for the antenna...my guy welded in a piece and smoothed it over and PERFECTION...new roof..NEW Baja......I am finding it harder and harder to find certain parts for mine but persistence and hard investigation can get you what you need...
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

Sorry I didn't see your first post, but that's an... interesting conundrum. Care to share how you ended up needing a whole new roof? :shock:
bkb555
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bkb555 »

Yes, I can explain exactly what happened...I work at a body shop or did when I did the work and noticed a few rust spots at the corner of the windshield that needed attention...I asked the body shop mgr and he said they would look at it ...after taking off the roof rack, EVERY hole where the rack connected to the roof was rusted BADLY...it was only the front hole that showed the results but underneath the rack the rest of the holes were bad....only repair was to replace the whole roof panel....I searched the web entirely and found one in texas, and I live in NY...I called our local Subaru parts guy and he said he could have it sent from Texas and deliver it to my shop....when it came, there was the antenna hole in the back portion for the antenna hole and the rest of the roof was exactly the same...my body guy plugged the hole professionally, plate, weld , body filler and it all went back together perfectly...after all said and done, it cost about $2000 for everything....windshield had to be removed and of course it broke but was covered under insurance..i knew beforehand it was a possibility...so as far as I know now, there are only 2 roof panels left in the country...this was about 2 years ago I had the repair done so who knows how many brand new roof panels remain