"ugly car" ?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

"ugly car" ?

Post by cyphergirl »

So, if you go to the Urban Dictionary and do a search for "Subaru Baja", you get a hit on the entry for "ugly car".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ugly+car

Anyone care to write a proper definition for Subaru Baja? :lol:
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

[smilie=holyshit.gif] there they go again, calling our beautiful trucks ugly. Time to kick some @$$, I think!! Mike
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Eh... most people equate "different" with "ugly". I think the Baja is a damn fine looking truck. Heck, from the front it's just an '04 OBW.
BajaJP
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BajaJP »

people think anything which isn't a bubble shaped generic oldmobuick sedan is ugly. I like the fact that people notice my baja, no matter what they think of it. Subaru has been making different looking cars for years, one of the things I like about them. I actually like most of the designs on the cartalk ugly list, except the Aztek, now that is UGLY!!!

JP
trbajalv
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by trbajalv »

Let us all let the author know what we think about him calling our trucks ugly by voting down his entry. There is a place on the upper right hand corner on that URL to vote about his entry for "ugly." I have voted it down, of course, so should you. :twisted:
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Thumbs down voted.

Though I agree with several... the Kia Amanti is ugly, the original avalanche is ugly (some without cladding look ok), the aztek and element are ugly, the scion xB is ugly, but I like the xA (other than the center guage pod)

PT cruiser... ehhh ok, but just a Neon wagon. (in other words poorly made... the one I sat in at the autoshow was falling apart already) :roll:
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
GregDS81188
Scoobytruck Lurker

Kids these days...

Post by GregDS81188 »

Im a Junior in highschool, soon to be a senior and for the birthday last year I got a 2003 yellow Subaru Baja. I remember the first time i drove it to school, i could have sworn that there was something wrong with it. Everyone that saw it stared, i got out of the car and started frantically looking around for the problem, then one of the people that was staring came up to me and goes, "what the hel* is that" i was like, well umm its my car...To make a long story short, all the guys hate the car, i could care less however because i at least have one, and all the girls love it. It also fits my personality extremely well, and it was my dream car. So to all of those who say the Baja is ugly, well thats ok, because im an individual lol. :D
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

Ugly Car . . . I 100% disagree with that lol. But there is one thing I have learned with my Baja. . . People either really love the Baja or hate it. Not to many in the middle. I tell you what. I am going to keep my baja as long as possible. . . even when the engine dies I will have a new one thrown in and keep one driving :D
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

My sentiments exactly. I will drive this Baja of mine until I no longer can. It will prolly rot out being her in Cheeseland before it wears out.

Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Re: "ugly car" ?

Post by Emsanon »

I've only met one person who didn't really like my baja. He didn't really 'say' that he didn't like it. He said, "it's the type of car that has to grow on you". lol
Everyone else though has LOVED it! I've had sooo many people come up and ask me questions about it and where they could get one since you don't see them at car dealerships in my area anymore. There was one guy who was standing next to his truck staring at my car when I walked out of the store one day. I thought it was kind of funny. When I got to my car he came up and started asking me all sorts of questions about it. :D