I found a solution! - BED CLIPS

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

I found a solution! - BED CLIPS

Post by Allanon93 »

So I know how impossible the clips for the bed trim are to find, but I found a solution to them. I had a friend who is decent at 3D printing stuff. We tried to replicate the clips exactly, but with the PLA it is quite brittle. We ended up using a locking clip design with 2 parts. So far holding up really well. So if anyone is interested let me know. Will post pictures later. They are white, but will be black soon.
Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: I found a solution!

Post by Allanon93 »

Can some one please delete the other 2 posts, internet was being slow? Thank you.
starr-
Scoobytruck Master

Post by starr- »

Other posts deleted. I'm sure people would be interested if they actually end up looking good and staying in place.
I like it here.... [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Allanon93 »

Thanks, Star! Ya getting some new black PLA soon! So will post pictures with in a few days. Posting the white clips today later.
Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Allanon93 »

Pictures of the clip. She is a rough print, will be a clean print on final product. Holds pretty well, been in there for 2 weeks. Had to drop the gate to get it to come out. Locks in place. This one holds very well compared to the stock ones.
Attachments
IMG_2196.JPG
IMG_2196.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 9479 times
IMG_2195.JPG
IMG_2195.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 9479 times
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG (2.6 MiB) Viewed 9479 times
HaHaBajAlcyone
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by HaHaBajAlcyone »

This is very cool! Please keep updating with your progress. :)
Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Allanon93 »

So update on clips. I am getting a 3D printer for myself. And right before the school ended, the clip broke. I am gonna try to get the STL file from my friend and get some ABS to print with, and give it a sold infill. Just ordered printer so should be a few days. But once I have I will update you guys. Hope u guys had an awesome Christmas.
Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: I found a solution! - BED CLIPS

Post by Allanon93 »

I am printing some new bed clips tonight when I get home. I got some black filament, doing the first test today on see how they hold up with 100% infill. The old ones were only 40% infill. I have tweaked them a bit. And I got the original STL file. Will post pics of the clips tonight. I will figure out how to send them once I get them printed. I am getting tired of breaking the clips, so hopefully this will help without breaking them all the time.
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Any chance you would share the STL file?
Allanon93
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Allanon93 »

I uploaded them to Thingiverse. It is Subaru Baja Bed Clips is what it is under. The files are Body15 and Body17, but the old clip from when we started that is Body1. They are the STL files. I am gonna print some tomorrow, been busy at work and school lately. Adjustments may be needed, but I haven't figured the adjustments yet. I do have some adjustments which is .5mm bigger all the way around. But those are the original files from my friend. Maybe you can. User name is BajaKyle.