Long term Baja lover, finally bought one!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

supertoaster
Scoobytruck Lurker

Long term Baja lover, finally bought one!

Post by supertoaster »

Hello everyone, I've been a huge fan of the baja's ever since I was star struck by the first one I saw almost 5 years ago. I finally decided to purchase one after my old car took a turn for the worst. I found a 2004 Turbo, with only 56k miles and knew I had to have it. Since the purchase (2 weeks ago) I've done some modifications here and there. Drilled and slotted rotors all around and high performance calipers. Weapon-R Neo TI cold air intake, and hopefully a lift kit coming soon. There is a lot of things I want to do to this little truck. I'm a BMW Motorcycle Mechanic and was never interested modifying cars, until I got this subaru, now I"m paying less attention to my motorcycles and focused fully on making this baja the dream car I've always wanted. I'm so glad forums like this one exist, because even in the short amount of time I've had this baja, I've gotten a ton of knowledge from all you guys, and I thank you.
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Re: Long term Baja lover, finally bought one!

Post by Guacamole »

Grats on the purchase & nice find! Welcome to the community!
Acro2pilot
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Acro2pilot »

Congrats! Any idea on lift and tires yet? And if you know BMW bikes you know they do things a bit different than other bikes, Subaru is like that, you will find that they have their own brilliant way of making the magic happen.
supertoaster
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by supertoaster »

Acro2pilot wrote:Congrats! Any idea on lift and tires yet? And if you know BMW bikes you know they do things a bit different than other bikes, Subaru is like that, you will find that they have their own brilliant way of making the magic happen.
And that is exactly why I fell in love with both BMW and Subaru! And as for a lift, I'm going to hold back on it just for a while, but I will definitely be getting the sjr lift. And Im actually getting to tires on thursday. I'm putting the General Grabber AT2 215/65. mainly because the Subaru dealer near me is almost $100 cheaper to purchase and install them than walmart :shock: