gunmetal '05 turbo wheels

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

pdiz

gunmetal '05 turbo wheels

Post by pdiz »

Hey Jaxed, you still looking for the '05 turbo wheels? My car only has 1,000 miles. I know you said you don't need the tires, but if I go bigger, I can't use 'em.

I'm thinking of putting the 17-inch gold STi wheels after I research if they will fit or not. I think the gold will work well with the black paint.

That, or some Jesse James wheels...
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

Ok, I posted before researching... Looks like the STi wheels are a perfect fit (same width and offset, and I can make up for diameter by going low profile, which the OEM tire is anyway).

Anyway, I would like opinions on how the gold wheels would look on a black turbo. Wheels are here:

http://subaruwrxparts.com/04sti-wheels.html
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Careful!

Check the lug pattern.

I THINK that the STi shares an odd lug pattern shared only with afew non-subarus and SOME years of the SVX.

Fairly warned be thee. Arrrr :lol:
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

D'oh! Thanks for the tip! Did some research and discovered the STi lug pattern was changed to 5X114.3 for '05. :shock:
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Yes, If I do recall that is correct, 04 STi fits, but 05 is a differnt lug pattern.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: gunmetal '05 turbo wheels

Post by jaxed »

pdiz wrote:Hey Jaxed, you still looking for the '05 turbo wheels? My car only has 1,000 miles. I know you said you don't need the tires, but if I go bigger, I can't use 'em.
Yeah, I'd love to have those wheels... but its the shipping I'm not too interested in. :(
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

Find me some gold '04 STi wheels and I'll pay shipping both ways (to get mine to you, and to get yours to me). Don't know if that's a deal for either one of us, but I'm willing... I'll even throw in the tires (less than 1000 miles) with the shipping...