Moderator: mikenmel08

phillybaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

1/4 mile

Post by phillybaja »

has anyone run an official 1/4 mile?
n/a, turbo, or any other mod?

how about solo I or II?

i've got a friend trying to get me out to run solo II. never done it before, but i am really thinking about it. i think it would be fun to take my stock n/a out there and see what it can do against a clock.
2005 n/a monterey silver
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

No, but I'd really like to see what kind of numbers a n/a a/t can put down...they've got decent pull off the line. I've thought about going to a test & tune nightt with ours...gotta wait for better weather though, tracks arent open yet here....
TurboBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by TurboBaja »

No 1/4 mile, but did do rallycross. Came in 7th out of 13 (2 spots ahead of the STi :twisted: ) A DNF due to nailing the cones by the timing equipment cost me a few spots (turned a 53 second run into the bogey time of 90 seconds.)

http://baja.jaxed.com/ul/111237763910587.jpg

[moderators note: image removed (too big!)]
bajatuner

1/4 Mile

Post by bajatuner »

I haven't gotten my Baja T to the track yet to get an exact time for my 1/4 mile, but I have raced my friend who has a B16 Civic and runs 14.5. I beat him by about half a car length. Based on this, we've placed my car around a 14.3(auto transmission by the way). My current mods are Cold Air Intake, Borla Header, JDM STi V7 TMIC, TurboXS Downpipe, and custom 3" catback with highflow cat. Im putting on an uppipe this weekend and a transmission cooler to keep the auto running safely. I am also in the process of purchasing a VF-22 turbo and an upgraded fuel system(probly a walbro 255 pump and 850cc injectors). With these mods and ECUTec, my tuner has estimated I'll be putting down around 340whp and 380torque. With these numbers I should be pushing mid to low 12's in the Baja. I'll keep everyone posted, and I'll try to have pictures up soon.
BoostedBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BoostedBaja »

I went to the drag strip this past Sunday and made 5 runs. My Baja Turbo w/ sport shift had 1350 miles on it (there was also a forester xt there with about the same milage). I tipped the scales at 3940 with me in the car and 3/4 full tank of gas. I weigh about 240 lbs. and have the trailer hitch (nothing was removed).

Launching the 4EAT was a little more difficult than I expected. My best 60' time was 2.438. The best run I could muster was a 16.248 @ 84.58 MPH. I have the timeslips up on my website, http://CrimsonMKII.Net/ I've determined that I was incorrectly launching, and would have broken 16's had I launched a little differently.

There is a lot of potiential here, and with the right mods I believe this could become quite the sleeper.