Lack of Seating?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Lack of Seating?

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

I just want to confirm what all the literature says... the Baja only has 4 seat belt locations right? (sure you could illegally haul a 5th person in the back, but not anyone you care about :roll: )

Anyone out there miss the lack of a middle rear seat? I rarely use all the seats in my Wagon but I just want to know if you out there in real life have issues with anything such has hauling family (especially child seats!)

I dont have a Baja yet, but plan to sell my 2 brats and GL and eventually buy one. Probably a non-turbo to keep me out of trouble :evil:
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Yup, only two rear seat belts, there's a console in the middle. Haven't missed it yet....The pass through has come in very useful though!
phillybaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by phillybaja »

even without that center console it would have been cramped for three. you know, like most back seats in sedans.
2005 n/a monterey silver
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I have not missed the center belt location, usually only haul up to three anyway. And it would be tight if there was a center belt. I remember my Park Ave was tight in the center too, and that was a full size car. Mike
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

The lack of a rear center seat was a mild concern for my wife and I, but I convinced her we wouldn't have more than two kids so it would be ok. ;)

As a bonus there are more cupholders than I will ever need.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Kids - isn't that what the passthru is for? I mean you can get a back cover to keep em from flying out on those sharp corners :twisted: The back seats also have somthing call carseat anchor points that I find usefull for strapping stuff to the back seats.

Bob - who is not parent material
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

seats

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Ok good to know if we have have a little suby (baby)in a year or 2 they will have a safe place to ride.. good to know... I didnt know what the standards were since the Baja is a "truck" right?

I heard you can just fold down the rear seat too and put a blanket and pillow and stuff back there and its a good dog area.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

I haven't had any issues with seating. So unless ou're planning on more than 2 kids <one is more than enough in my opinion> there shouldn't be any problem.

Yes, the seats folded down with a Wal-Mart comforter makes a great place for our black lab to ride. After spending the day with my two grandsons (3 + 5yrs) he stretched right out and slept the whole 1.5 hour ride home. When we arrived home we had to coax him out to go in the house, he would have spent the night right there.

I'll test out the baby car seat arrangement tomorrow, they're coming for the day and 12 hours is waaaay too long for those 2 rugrats in the house.

Mary = maternally challenged.
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Well, Ive only had my Baja for about a week now but have had it full of 4 people already. Coming from an RX-7 with no rear seat, then a supra with a joke of a rear "seat" and then my impreza which had seat belts for 3 in back im glad the baja only seats 4. The Impreza was truly a squeeze, cramped with even 2 people in back. I like the fact they gave the Baja a nice center council/armrest area in back and made two nice, relativly roomy rear seats instead of three cramped ones.