New to the community.

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

NintendoWayne
Scoobytruck Lurker

New to the community.

Post by NintendoWayne »

Hello all,

I'm brand new to Subarus and am pretty stoked to have finally found a Baja at a reasonable price. It's a black and silver 03, non turbo, 3 speed auto. It's been completely unmolested and seemingly well cared for. It was an Arizona car moved down to Louisiana, so there is minimal rust. I'm not looking to do anything super crazy or anything but then again I don't know what super crazy is when it comes to Bajas. I'm really liking the small lifts, slightly bigger tires and a snorkel since it rains a good bit down here and it tends to flood a lot. Roof rack for extra storage and lights would be nice too.

bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Re: New to the community.

Post by bajaguy »

Either somethings wrong with your tranny or I think you meant 4 speed auto. Haha glad you decided to join! Welcome! Talk to Ryan about the snorkel thing. He had one modded by rallitek.
NintendoWayne
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by NintendoWayne »

Ha! Yeah, cellphone keyboard typo. 4 speed auto*. My first posts in forums always make the n00b in me show, one way or another. :-/
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

Haha yeah. I believe Ryan is the only one who's done the snorkel thing. He goes by Snorkled on here. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=202&p=16009&hilit=snorkled#p16009
NintendoWayne
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by NintendoWayne »

He is actually the reason I am here. And I direct messaged him a few days ago. He hasn't responded yet. :-(
NintendoWayne
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by NintendoWayne »

His Baja is actually what I'd ultimately like mine to be. But not all at once. Baby steps lol
bearrowland
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bearrowland »

Welcome aboard! My 03 is my first Baja and my first Subaru. I don't think i'll ever own another car but a Sub...they are awesome!
chipper513
Scoobytruck Lurker

Welcome!

Post by chipper513 »

My son is driving our '03 baja, 5 speed for about 2 years now. I've had normal "maintenance" items and recently a wheel bearing but driving that car feels so secure and it's fun. He added a yakima powderhound ski rack for the winter and in the summer he put a highland 10419000 U Venture roof rack on. He's in high school and he likes the look of the rack. Only used it on occassion.

I like the subaru so much I bought an '00 outback automatic for my daughter. I'm sold on the safety of the subaru's. Very pleased how well the baja has held up and how great it still looks. Can't wait till he goes away to college. I've convinced him Freshman can't have cars on campus. So far he believes me so maybe I'll get to drive the baja until he figures out the truth.
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

That is true for some colleges.....The freshman can't drive thing.....lol
NintendoWayne
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by NintendoWayne »

That's an awesome plan and depending on how serious he took his highschooling, it might work! Lol