Rear Center Console Restoration

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

tomato_88
Scoobytruck Master

Rear Center Console Restoration

Post by tomato_88 »

Recently seeing a member replace the rear center console with a seat made me realize what bad shape mine was in. (In my defense I don't sit back there much.) I decided to use 3M Scotchprint black carbon fiber. I took the console out, cleaned it with dish soap and then proceeded. This is the outcome. I really love how easy it was to not only remove, but also disassemble into many pieces. What do you all think?

Some pictures "in process"
ImageImage
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Rear Center Console Restoration

Post by bajaguy »

Looks good! One thing you can do is unscrew the cup holders from underneath and you can restore the cup holder flaps. I used black leather. Even though I am not using my rear anymore, I did it anyway =P. The front can also be taken off and replaced.
tomato_88
Scoobytruck Master

Post by tomato_88 »

I love it. Where did you find the leather peices?
AintGotNoSol
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by AintGotNoSol »

A couple years ago, there was a member on here that used to make replacement leather pieces for the cupholders. If I remember correctly, he used some leather from an old stool he had lying around his garage, so he only had a limited supply.

The best part was, he would just give them away. You pay shipping, that was it. What a nice guy! Can't remember who it was, but I'm sure his supply is long gone lol.
tomato_88
Scoobytruck Master

Post by tomato_88 »

I remember that. Didn't need them at the time..... Oh what I could use now.
AintGotNoSol
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by AintGotNoSol »

Maybe he still has Maybe he still has a couple
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

If you go to Hobby Lobby, they sometimes have leather scraps bagged for $6. (quite a bit) or you could get perfect pieces for a lot more $$ there as well. I've got a ton of leather scraps...not too many black pieces left but tons of tan, brown, and red. Even a little white. It's probably not worth shipping but I could make some more.