Best way to cover this up?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

motm18
Scoobytruck Lurker

Best way to cover this up?

Post by motm18 »

Got a pretty big cut on the right side of my bumber, any ideas of a good way to conceal it, other than a hideous bumper sticker? I was thinking maybe one of those scratch concealer pens that match the bumper color, so its at least harder to see, anything else?

alphasteel
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Best way to cover this up?

Post by alphasteel »

silver duck tape? or wear it as a badge of honor for the lawnmower that rear ended you :] im just kidding. its all plastic, so not that much mending to be had honestly. scrapes you can still sand/buff, but there really isnt any material there to work with, someone will chime in here with an idea
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

Could you strategically place one of those corner bump strips that they offered as an accessory? You could put one on each corner and cover up as much of that as possible.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Oh man my rear bumper has taken a beating. What are these bumper cover strips you speak of?
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

jaxed wrote:Oh man my rear bumper has taken a beating. What are these bumper cover strips you speak of?
From the 2005 Accessories catalog.

They are flexible. I've seen Bajas where they were placed straight across the back also. Hopefully they should still be available!
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

The only real way to fix it would be with a fiberglass repair kit from the inside and a little flexible bondo/puddy stuff and paint on the outside.