What brand of Tires do you like for your Baja?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bajaman
Scoobytruck Contributer

What brand of Tires do you like for your Baja?

Post by bajaman »

After the factory Potensa's , I got a set of Goodyear Eagle GT's. Don't really like them tho, because they are noisy, even more than the Potensa tires.

What can be used that looks/drives nice without excessive noise? I don't want any mud tires with thick tread, because i don't do any off road, so I'm talking road touring tires here.
Rizzo
Scoobytruck Master

Re: What brand of Tires do you like for your Baja?

Post by Rizzo »

Sumitomo HTR A/S PO1

I can only hear wind and the engine when I'm driving. I've only had them for a few weeks so take that how you will. I can also attest to the rain grip too. I've had no problems with these.

I paid about $500 for all four at Belle Tire.

WINTER
Winterforce! I've been driving Crown Victoria's for about 10 years and with those I never once got stuck in the Michigan snow, So I will be putting the very same ones on my Baja if I can get all four tread depth to match up that is :twisted: I may have to do a few burn outs to wear one pair down.
Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ahzlon »

We just installed Sumitomo HTR Z II's on the Baja and WRX. They are fairly quiet and nice and grippy too. Probably will only last about 2 seasons but for the deal we got ehh.. I'm not gonna complain.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... l=HTR+Z+II
Acro2pilot
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Acro2pilot »

BF Goodrich Mud TA KM2 8)
Zardoz9
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Zardoz9 »

Michelin HydroEdge.

Kick Butt!!!!
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Post by canuck37 »

There are a lot of posts on this topic in the archives, in case you are interested. Personally, I go Goodyear TripleTreds - they are awesome in rain, snow, mud or whatever I have thrown at them and last like crazy.......very smooth highway too, low noise. Good luck......